Pakistan v England in U.A.E Jan-Feb 2011/12

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Hopefully temporary until we restore the old one. Possibly permanent...

Code:
Sat Jan 7 - Mon Jan 9        TBC v England XI
Wed Jan 11 -Fri Jan 13       TBC v England XI
Tue Jan 17 - Sat Jan 21      1st Test - Pakistan v England
Wed Jan 25 -Sun Jan 29       2nd Test - Pakistan v England
Fri Feb 3 - Tue Feb 7        3rd Test - Pakistan v England
Fri Feb 10                   TBC v England XI
Mon Feb 13                   1st ODI - Pakistan v England
Wed Feb 15                   2nd ODI - Pakistan v England
Sat Feb 18                   3rd ODI - Pakistan v England
Tue Feb 21                   4th ODI - Pakistan v England
Thu Feb 23                   1st T20I - Pakistan v England
Sat Feb 25                   2nd T20I - Pakistan v England
Mon Feb 27                   3rd T20I - Pakistan v England

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Personally, I think England will lose the test series 3-0, win the Odi's 3-0, and then sneak the 20-20's at the end 2-1. All sounds fairly improbable, but I've just got a hunch.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
@PD: It's almost like you read my mind on that haha. Though I feel England might actually win the ODI's 4-0. Can't see rain ruining a game at the UAE. Think our bowlers will do well in the tests, Cook and KP will silence all critics in the one dayers while KP and Swann might justify their #1 T20 status with match winning performances in the shorter version.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Nah, I disagree with you guys. Ajmal will finally be exposed as the over-rated minnow basher he is.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Pietersen should really be dropped from the ODIs, how long has it been since his last century?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think Eoin Morgan could be a player to watch out for this series. He's got just the temperament to play test cricket especially against quality spin bowling.

Sureshot

Executive member
I'm just concerned that the Pakistani batsmen will destroy Steven Finn's solid start to this career.

lancashire666

International Coach
I really hope Awais Zia gets a chance at some point, hes such a composed, calm and classy batsman.

Addy

National Board President
Bell would be the key difference between both sides, watch out for Oxy. Ajmal and co will have to bowl their heart out really.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Misbah's a serious player to watch out for in the limited overs leg of the tour. He's so aggressive that he's scary.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Is Cook still going to be persevered with in the short formats? He's a decent test player, but really just drags the whole team down with his Kepler Wessels style of play in ODIs.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Indeed. I'd much rather have Bell in his place and offer the captaincy role back to KP. He's a seriously good player of spin bowling and his shots are so much classier to watch than Cook's.

lancashire666

International Coach
Cant beleive that England are even considering Finn for the one day games, hes an average test bowler and simply cant take wickets.

If he plays the Pakistan batsmen will destroy him

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
If satire was made out of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right about now :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Am I the only person who think Jos Butler's first thing to post on getting home, shouldn't be reflecting on the joys of getting home after 2 months, but instead on wishing he was still there trying to score some runs?

If someone offered me 2 months touring Sri Lanka and the UAE to play cricket, I'd ask if I could go for 4 months. He's a young lad, and should surely be relishing those chances, not hoping to get back to a small taunton to face some crap county trundlers... although I'm sure he can flick them over short fine leg every ball :p

Users who are viewing this thread