Pakistan vs New Zealand @ UAE 2009

Ari

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No thread for this yet and it's only a few weeks away.

Nov 3
1st ODI - Pakistan v New Zealand
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Nov 6
2nd ODI - Pakistan v New Zealand

Nov 9
3rd ODI - Pakistan v New Zealand

Nov 12
1st T20I - Pakistan v New Zealand
Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium

Nov 13
2nd T20I - Pakistan v New Zealand
Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium

Ari

International Cricketer
Picking a team will be a headache for the selectors.

Elliott - injured confirmed that he will be out
Ryder - injured?
Tuffey - injured?
Oram - injured, out of form, out of favor?

Might get a few surprises in the squad but then again with the domestic season starting around the same time maybe not. The squad should be announced soon one would think.

If there was a time to drop McCullum this would be it but that won't happen. Would guess Broom and Franklin will get another run here, could maybe see Southee back in the mix but I would rather him be playing for ND most of this season.

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Ryder, Elliott and Tuffey are all out for sure so my squad would look like this:

1.Guptill
2.McCullum
3.Broom/Styris
4.Taylor
5.Broom/Styris
6.Vettori
7.Franklin
8.N McCullum
9.Mills
10.Butler
11.Bond

12.McGlashan
13.Stewart
14.Redmond
15.O'Brien

No doubt Oram will feature though :facepalm

Shannon Stewart is the bolter, I really think he could do a job for us finishing the innings, he did very well last season in domestic cricket and the Lions tour.

Hopefully the selectors don't go back to Southee IMO.

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
Ryder & Elliott are huge losses, so it's now all up to Guptill & Taylor to play a some key innings with the bat. I think Redmond and Broom will move into their spots during this series

Dan's man-lub for "Big Jake" will give us a few more "memorable" innings and some lively bowling displays for us to look forward to over the next few games until he breaks another fingernail :sarcasm.

1. Redmond
2. McCullum
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Broom
6. Oram
7. Franklin
8. Vettori
9. Mills
10. Butler
11. Bond

12. N. McCullum
13. O'Brien
14. Watling
15. Diamanti :p (need someone to make up the numbers)

I would take Watling as my bolter basically because he can cover the keeper spot and bat 1-7 in the order.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I think it will be this:

1. Redmond
2. McCullum
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Broom
6. Oram
7. Vettori
8. Franklin
9. Mills
10. Butler
11. Bond

In my personal opinion, I would have Styris in their for Broom, and bat McCullum down the order, pushing Guptill up to open.
I think their is really only room for one of Franklin and Oram, so they are battling for one place as Elliot will come back in when he's fit.
When Ryder's fit he will just swap straight back in for Redmond, and depending on Butler's form and fitness you would have him and Tuffey battling for the one place.
Not really sure on what the UAE pitches are like, but maybe you would give Jeets or N. McCullum a run in place of one of the bowlers.

Ari

International Cricketer
McCullum will stay as an opener here because we are kinda short on fit players right now probably don't want to change the team to much.

nz0003

International Cricketer
1. Redmond
2. Guptill
3. Broom
4. Taylor
5. Styris
6. B McCullum
7. Vettori
8. N McCullum
9. Mills
10. Bond
11. Butler

IMO.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
PCB are morons, as usual.

I somehow find it unbelievable that not a single game is not scheduled on a Saturday, when more people will come into the ground (although I believe Friday is considered a day off in the UAE), and more people will watch on TV on Saturday around the world since it is generally assumed that Saturday is a non-working day in most parts of the world. No games on Sunday either (non-working day in Pakistan and almost everywhere else in the world).

Ridiculous, they just shoot themselves in the foot sometimes.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i dont get it. 3 odi? if they aren't gona play test, might as well just play 5 ODI and 3 T20

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

3 tests in New Zealand after this series.
nvm then :p

Ari

International Cricketer
NZ Squad announced.

New Zealand: Daniel Vettori (capt), Shane Bond, Neil Broom, Ian Butler, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum (wk), Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Aaron Redmond, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, BJ Watling.

Watling called up and recalls for Styris and Southee. Nathan McCullum replaces that hack Jeetan.

From that lot my team would be:

McCullum
Watling
Guptill
Taylor
Styris
Broom
Franklin
Vettori
N. McCullum
Mills
Bond

I think its clear that with Redmond in the squad as well that Guptill is going to play at number three no matter what. Of course the real team will also have Oram in it as well. I wish they had not picked Southee he is just going to miss out on domestic cricket by coming on this tour I doubt he will play.

Users who are viewing this thread