Pakistan

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
pakistanlogo.png

For discussion about the Pakistan cricket team in the T20 World cup.

Squad

Batsmen
  • Younus Khan (captain)
  • Salman Butt
  • Ahmad Shahzad
  • Misbah-ul-Haq
  • Shahzaib Hasan

Bowlers
  • Sohail Tanvir
  • Umar Gul
  • Saeed Ajmal
  • Mohammad Aamer
  • Iftikhar Anjum

All Rounders
  • Fawad Alam
  • Shoaib Malik
  • Shahid Afridi
  • Yasir Arafat

Wicket Keepers
  • Kamran Akmal

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pakistan preparing well for Twenty20 World Cup

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

. It is interesting to note that the former Pakistan captains Zaheer Abbas and Wasim Akram do not hold the defending champions India as favourites to retain the Twenty20 World Cup. Wasim thinks that India could face problems because their players were fatigued after a long tough season. The most encouraging aspect of his assessment is that he tips Pakistan as favourites to win the final for their bowling strength that is ideal for the English conditions and pitches

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Misbah-ul-Haq was leading the Twenty20 match against Australia, when Younis Khan didn't play, so I am guessing he is the vice-captain.

Anyway, Pakistan have already played two warm-up matches:

Wednesday 20 May 2009 Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman's XI v Pakistan Cricket Board Patron's XI
Cricinfo - Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman's XI v Pakistan Cricket Board Patron's XI at Lahore, May 20, 2009

Friday 22 May 2009 Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman's XI v Pakistan Cricket Board Patron's XI
Cricinfo - Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman's XI v Pakistan Cricket Board Patron's XI at Lahore, May 22, 2009

ZexyZahid added 9 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Here is the latest news about Akhtar:

Page last updated at 10:15 GMT, Saturday, 23 May 2009 11:15 UK
Shoaib to play domestic Twenty20
BBC SPORT | Cricket | International Teams | Pakistan | Shoaib to play domestic Twenty20

Shoaib to play domestic Twenty20 next week
Cricinfo staff
May 23, 2009
Cricinfo - Shoaib to play domestic Twenty20 next week

Shoaib barred from domestic Twenty20 tournament
Cricinfo staff
May 26, 2009
Cricinfo - Shoaib barred from domestic Twenty20 tournament

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Seems to be Akhtar news all over the place. I'm taking hes definitely out for this tournament?

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
I wish we had Abdul Razzaq and Imran Nazir for this tournament..would have made us a lot stronger..but I guess we have to wait.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Razzaq is showing again why he is much needed for Pakistan. He now delivered with the ball. What are they thinking with including Iftikhar Anjum? Imran Nazir also hit 60 runs of 29 balls and he isn't selected either. Shoaib Malik scored 62 off 37 balls.

Razzaq stars again as Lions coast home
Cricinfo staff
May 27, 2009
Cricinfo - Razzaq stars again as Lions coast home

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I think Razzaq aint gonna play because the teams are already announced a month back and only replacements are possible. However it would be amazing for Pakistan to have Abdur Razzaq and Imran Nazir for shahzaib hassan and Mohammed Aamer. Also Salman Butt and Ahmed Shehzad will be Tested extremely in this version of the game

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If Rana naveed,Imaran Nazir and Razzaq will be added the squad will surely be the most powerful ,but it nice too so far.

Users who are viewing this thread