PC Crashes because of GFX card....

Nithish Victor

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,
I have a PC with Pentium D 2.80 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP and a gygabyte motherboard. Whenever I install any Graphics card, the PC crashes. I tried ATi Radeon 9200 and Nvidia FX 5200 on my PC. Both the times I installed it the PC crashes, always. The onboard graphics are working fine. I tried updating the drivers, but of no use. Please help...!

Are you sure you have slotted the card in correctly, so that you hear a click, when you push it into place.

Have you tried putting it into a different pci slot on your mobo, maybe one of the slots is damaged.

Have you tried either of those cards in other pc's, to make sure they work.

Its hard to tell what the problem is without some more information.

Also, how does it crash? Does it startup fine and then crash after a while or do you get no video at all?

Have you checked in the bios settings to see if the card is enabled if you get no video?

Yeah, I have tried the cards in other PCs and they work fine. I have only one slot for AGP in my motherboard. And I am really sure I have put the card in correctly.

My PC starts up fine and after sometime(Maybe 3-5 mins) it crashes. Any idea what the problem is ? I really want my FX 5200 card to work.

Nithish Victor said:
Yeah, I have tried the cards in other PCs and they work fine. I have only one slot for AGP in my motherboard. And I am really sure I have put the card in correctly.

My PC starts up fine and after sometime(Maybe 3-5 mins) it crashes. Any idea what the problem is ? I really want my FX 5200 card to work.

Might be something to do with your agp slot? Could be damaged.

Post a description of the error message the crash shows. To find it go to control panel/administrative tools/ event viewer.

this is a complete guess but try this

"FIX: After the reboot going into the setup for the last time do this. Press Shift+F10 to open a command window. Run C:\windows\system32\devmgmt.msc this opens the device manager. Disable both the primary and secondary video card controller drivers.(You have about 60sec to do all of this) It's so stupid but it works "

When I use my onboard graphics, it restarts when I put the PC on for a day( I always download those trial S/W). The Processor heat goes up to 65 C. When I opened up the PC. The SMPS was very hot. I have a doubt on my SMPS whether It has a problem or not. Any Ideas ?

Users who are viewing this thread