PC Frame Rate help and tips (jerky,stuttering)

runner4life

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

I have been noticing this popping up on various threads.

Folks (and me) have been seeing jerky or stuttering either during a bowl or in the field. Players and the ball judder backwards and forwards and it is quite off putting.

For those with Nvidia Graphics cards....try this.

Go to Nvidia Control panel
- Manage 3d settings
- Program settings
- Add, and find the Ashes.exe most likely in your steam file.

Once the profile has loaded you will want to change the following
- Maximum pre-rendered frames - 1
- Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
- Triple buffering - On
- Virtual Sync - On

Click Apply.

Now in game...

Set V Sync to on, apply and restart.

You should now have a buttery smooth experience free from any juddering or jerkiness.

Now go forth and enjoy this gem that Big Ant have provided us.

P.s I am not sure if AMD users have the same issue.

StormySteve

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks runner4life but still getting the issue.

Sir Dibby of Dobbler

School Cricketer
Hi all,

I have been noticing this popping up on various threads.

Folks (and me) have been seeing jerky or stuttering either during a bowl or in the field. Players and the ball judder backwards and forwards and it is quite off putting.

For those with Nvidia Graphics cards....try this.

Go to Nvidia Control panel
- Manage 3d settings
- Program settings
- Add, and find the Ashes.exe most likely in your steam file.

Once the profile has loaded you will want to change the following
- Maximum pre-rendered frames - 1
- Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
- Triple buffering - On
- Virtual Sync - On

Click Apply.

Now in game...

Set V Sync to on, apply and restart.

You should now have a buttery smooth experience free from any juddering or jerkiness.

Now go forth and enjoy this gem that Big Ant have provided us.

This fix works for me on DB17 with the same 'stuttering' and ball ghosting issues. Maybe you can post it on the DB17 forum too for Nvidia users.

I think
Maximum pre-rendered frames = 1 and
Triple buffering = On
are the key configurations

Not sure about the VSync. Because I have... ehem.. 'FREESYNC' on my soopa doopa AOC cheapo monitor! ha

I would try
Maximum pre-rendered frames = 1
And have look
Then
Triple buffering = On
And have look
Then
VSync = On

Then all good to go! Hopefully! ha

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
For what it's worth, on DBC 17 I found that if I turned the crowd off completely, I could play the game smoothly on high settings, but if the crowd was enabled at all, even putting everything down to the lowest settings still caused stuttering, etc. Maybe Ashes Cricket is the same?

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AMD user here and I don’t get any stuttering. I had to lock the frame rate to 60 because I don’t like having my GPU pushing 70c at unlimited

StormySteve

Club Captain
I have tried lots of settings some which will work for a while then stutters again, some give the double ball and some just jerky... I don't think there is any particular setting that works it's an issue within the game that needs sorting, only DBC14 is smooth. Shame as Ashes Cricket is a nice looking game with some nice touches just a shame the sequels are broken !!

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Actually I tried as @runner4life told before and I did have success. But I learnt that doing those pre-rendered frames and triple buffering would wear off the GPU or even break it if used for other resource rich games. Since this isn't such a big game to load stuff it shouldn't be a problem, I guess. But I didn't want to test my luck , So I turned it off and have been playing smoothly without it too. (And I don't know what fixed it too.) But my problem is I get that stuttering back when I play for long sessions like 3-4hrs+, it comes back and doesn't go back quickly. The worst is even if i put everything to the lowest and the resolution to 720p still that issue persists. And I'm certain that it isn't my pc because when I get that stutter I immediately launch other games and they run smoothly.

grkrama

National Board President
its there on amd too, cant find similar setting as you prescribed for nividia in amd control panel.
The worst is even if i put everything to the lowest and the resolution to 720p still that issue persists.

Thats the worse part of it, ever since dbc 17 came out its been there it just gives a wonky feeling that everything isnt alright.

I mean even if you run it at lowest res and setting that issue is there.

Its not unplayable, but its just

the feeling you know that its going to have those micro stutters and ghosting form time to time.

On one hand im happy there is a pc version of the game at all, but these little niggles if can be fixed would really improve quality of experience with the game.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
The game feels super awesome great (insert the most beautiful words here) when without those stutters or jitters. But when it is present don't get me wrong it feels like absolute $***. And even if I do everything possible to get the fluid game play it won't change ANYTHING at all.

D

Dutch

The game feels super awesome great (insert the most beautiful words here) when without those stutters or jitters. But when it is present don't get me wrong it feels like absolute $***. And even if I do everything possible to get the fluid game play it won't change ANYTHING at all.
Alt enter a few times; works for me!

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Alt enter a few times; works for me!
Well! It seems to be working fine using that, Thanks for that. Although not so sure if this work in the long run.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Try Below setting setting for FOr (GTX 860 2 Gb , 8 GB RAM i7) Smooth Play .... plus the suggestion given above on first page

upload_2017-12-25_1-52-28.png

Pat

International Coach
On one hand im happy there is a pc version of the game at all, but these little niggles if can be fixed would really improve quality of experience with the game.

The same issues related to stutters and lags occur on PS4 as well, so much so that night matches are nearly impossible to play in batsman close camera. And this has been happening since DBC17 (it was never fixed in DBC17 either). It was disappointing to learn that the same issues exist in Ashes too. It must be a huge effort to fix this it seems. People have almost regularly complained about stutters and lags over here, on steam discussions and yet, the issue has not even been acknowledged by anyone at BA (unless they have done it in the beta testing discussions that I am not privy to).

Users who are viewing this thread