PCCL Inactivity

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I rather doubt that to be honest but we'll see how it goes.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I'm not sure about the re-draft thingy.

I'd rather like to see a 'transfers window', than the whole team getting drafted again.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I certainly won't be crying out to be bought. A redraft isn't going to increase activity merely alienate those who are still keeping up with it.

There is barely anyone on the whole forum of late it isn't purely a PCCL related issue.

Varun

ICC Board Member
I agree with Themer.
With a draft/auction, we'll only have the activity till the players are resold/redrafted (because of the cries of 'buy me buy me'), after that, I don't think much will improve.

I am kinda attached to my current team now, if I am redrafted into another team, it is possible that I might miss my earlier team.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'm still working out the details but teams will be able to elect a certain number of players that wouldn't be redrafted.

The main purpose of the redraft is to cut the deadweight, of which there is a lot right now. The number of active members here is so minimal that I think most of them will be selected by their team to stick around.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Sharks team will be dead if this happens. Our captain is in bunker and not coming out till 2013

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I know it wont be a popular idea, but cutting teams will maximise those who are actually active.

Cutting from 6 to 4 will give a shorter competition, but other things can be done to work around that.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Sharks team will be dead if this happens. Our captain is in bunker and not coming out till 2013

Sign a new captain before the draft. Or I guess sohum will assign 1

khaleel

Club Captain
i agree with Themer...its more of an issue on the whole forum than pccl....members who used to be quite active are leaving......you can say harishan is an example from the wizards.....so my suggestion is instead of a redraft,lets just re-open sign-ups and see the response.if it is good,we can do away with players who have never ever posted except for the sign-up....spin will surely know some names whom im referring to

Last edited:

Varun

ICC Board Member
The main purpose of the redraft is to cut the deadweight, of which there is a lot right now. The number of active members here is so minimal that I think most of them will be selected by their team to stick around.

It won't affect the activity much I guess, seeing that half the forum is almost dead at this time.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The forum will hopefully be busy again once The Ashes start, which is just three weeks after this season is scheduled to end. If we can get the next season started some time during the Ashes hopefully we can build up enough activity (especially if we have international things going---with members being able to get selected to the Ashes XIs).

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Just time. Everybody's got their lives and they all realized it at once. So they will probably come back to this thingy soon.

thingy - in positive sense. Dunno why people think saying thingy means caring less for what you are talking of. :|

Varun

ICC Board Member
Sohum, the activity has increased, but in a very different way.:sarcasm

Chewie

BCCI President
Yea I'm not liking all the spamming going on in all the threads personally. That's all this system encourages really.

Users who are viewing this thread