PCPL Announcements (Match Day Rules & Prize Money)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm going to use this thread to announce things, it will be locked so no-one can spam it :p

Firstly,

Any sponsorships, or exchanging of Vcash in a bidding way for things such as sponership etc. will have to be honoured.

I've heard today that one person has won a bidding, and has refused to pay the full price and asked for a refund. Can i make it 100% clear if you're going to bid for anything, that if you win, you pay up.

The person in question also did such a thing in bidding for a PCPL team.

International players below:

1st tier:

Sachin Tendulkar (Bat) - 85 [sold to Chennai Champions for 900,000)
Kevin Pietersen (Bat) - 85 [sold to Chennai Champions for 850,000]
M.S Dhoni (WK) - 70 [sold to Manchester Monkeys for 700,000]
Shahid Afridi (Batting A/R) - 75 8 [sold to Dublin Destroyers for 1,000,000]
Shane Bond (Bowl) - 4 [sold to Chennai Champions for 720,000]
Shane Warne (Bowl) - 4 [sold to Dublin Destroyers for 1,120,000]

2nd tier

Graeme Smith (Bat) - 75 [sold to Sydney Stallions for 1,300,000]
Mohammad Yousuf (Bat) - 75 [sold to Vatican Victors for 1,360,000]
Shane Watson (Batting A/R) - 65 12 [sold to Dublin Destroyers for 5,000,000]
Andrew Flintoff (Bowling A/R) - 60 8 [sold to Sydney Stallions for 1,650,000]
Andre Nel (Bowl) - 8 [sold to Vatican Victors for 1,100,000]
Muttiah Muralitharan (Bowl) - 8 [sold to Vatican Victors for 1,100,000]

3rd tier

Mike Hussey (Bat) - 65
Shiv Chanderpaul (Bat) - 65
Brendon Mccullum (WK) - 60
Jacob Oram (Bowling A/R) - 55 15
Chaminda Vaas (Bowl) - 12
Nathan Brackan (Bowl) - 12

The rules, there are always some isn't there?

Maximum players from the list 3, so you can have 3 star players if you have the cash.

Per game, you can only play 2 of those. Of course you can chop and change them from game to game, but only two can take the field at one time. I'll announce when the bid is shortly.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Here are the PCPL Member pots,

Pot 1 (26)

Ollie Holden (holdenator)
Avroneel Biswas (WORLD CHAMPIONS)
Pak Cricketer
Hitterman
Viral (viral1991)
BA Storer (Storer11)
Abhas Gupta (Abhas)
nightprowler10
tassietiger
Amodh (handsome)
zMario
Feelin Blue?
V Deshpande (sb_dshpnd)
Whitehornmatt
Mob (.Mob)
Wildwil
Sravan Iyer (sravan12345)
Joe Hall (Burnsy1)
Rob Blackburn (RoboRocks)
Bilal Tahir (Bilal91)
Shantanu Ambekar (shantanu_rooney)
divulger (dhoom)
GrayNicolls
Hari Rachels Kumar (rachels)
Tom Baker (Highlander999)
Ledzep

Pot 2 (25)

Matt Roberts (evertonfan)
Vaibhy (vaibhav mehta)
Dean Sherr (aus5892)
skater
KBC (KBChandraw)
Vintners
treva
Ben Manning (Maney2k8)
Leicester Fox
W3lsh (w3lshrugby)
barmyarmy
Anuj Puranik
The Majestic
Griffo
Duke Jones
Maxkarter
The Spin
ajay.bhat
Freddie Seccombe (Freddiw)
Sohum Misra (sohummisra)
brad352
Arslaan Khalid (Pakistani Army)
Navin (navin-boss)
Kieran Pickerill (k_picky)
Adam Hornbuckle (adyhorn)

Pot 3 (25)

Cricketman
Left_Hander
Karachi Xpress
Iloveireland
Giggity Giggity
DPRA
Shan (shan111)
Pal
Monty57
Jaztheman
Paul nixon1
Connor Jennings (banjo6)
Neo (Neo95)
Pavan (pavanbharadwaj)
Travder92
Bear Grylls :p (duded64)
Simbazz
Sid (scion_sid)
Gilly Fan
MCG
Khalek
James Edmonds (Jaztheman)
Mad Snake
Kshitiz (Kshitiz_Indian)
Amiya Shreyas

Dublin Destroyers get the first pick, here is the order;

Dublin Destroyers,
Chennia Champions,
Vatican Victors,
Sydney Stallions,
Toronto Tanks,
Manchester Monkeys

The quicker we get through these the better, i shall open Pot One thread later on tonight.

If you have any questions etc. please aim them at the discussion thread.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I'd like to welcome Rhys onto the PCPL board. Basically, you'll all know i've been struggling at times, so he's here to help me out. If you need to PM me, can i advise you send two identical PM's to both myself and Rhys :) That was we can get it sorted quicker!

Cheers.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
The PCPL this morning has announced that once the pots have been completed there will be a one week period of transfers.

This only is allowed for PC players, no internationals. Money cannot be exchanged it is heard.

More news to follow shortly.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
As mentioned in a thread (not stickied), teams may change THREE of their members players types to suit the squads needs best.

Please make it clear which players types have been changed when final squad lists are submitted after trade week.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
For those wondering why i changed the rule, i wanted to see the response from Owners.

For two reasons i've done this!

Firstly,i thought we had the game today, so the threads wouldnt have been up long and i got mistaken!

Lastly, as i've said, i wanted to see the reaction.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Promotion, Relegation and International Extention.

The PCPL are proud to announce that next season the competition will be a 2 league affair!

With 4 top flight teams, and 4 bottom flight teams. This means 2 new teams!

The PCPL have announced that they're commited to sending cricket far and wide in the world, and have announced that a team in China will be built, and a team in South Africa.

The Highveld Hitters, from a high risen area in South Africa, will fight it out in the bottom tier, and so will the Beijing Bulldogs! These two teams will be auctioned off before the start of next seasons competition. This in turn means the bottom two clubs in this years competition will drop down to accomodate the 4 teams in the bottom division, this will surely include the Sydney Stallions.

In even more news the PCPL have announce that next season, one more international player can be added to all 8 teams rosters, and this means that from next season 3 international stars will be able to take the field, out of the full four!

If you feel the need to express delight, or anger, at this announcement please go to the PCPL discussion thread,

The PCPL would like to thank you for your reading,

Simbazz
PCPL Co-Owner​

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Change in team-posting rules.

From next season there will be a "3 strikes rule," whereby a team gets 3x30minutes late allowances before action is taken. If a team is posted late over 3 times, its pretty shameful i'll be honest, this way teams get some sort of backup. We've been helpful in saying that you're allowed 3 strikes. Please don't moan if you go over it.

I'll break down the rule furthermore so people understand.

Sydney post a team late (between 1 minute and 30 minutes late) three times in a season, they will be penalised the next time they post it late.

Anything over 30 minutes will result in the lineup being reversed and without internationals.

The rule has been given the greenlight by both PCPL Admins, so its a joint decision.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Prize fund will be announced during our awards!

For all those greedy Monkeys!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
So, both Beijing and Highveld have been sold, but thats not it! It isn't over!

Season 3 will see a further two teams being added, and they've been already located! The first team will be the "Caribbean Crusaders," who will battle it out to become the best team! We've also got ourselves a New Zealand team, hopefully the stars wont get too comfortable in the hills with the sheep, but the "North Island Warriors," will also try to battle it out for the glory of the PCPL win!

So if you've missed out this year :) Don't worry, there is always next season!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Ok folks, In an attempt to ready the sub-forum for PCPL 2, I will be deleting all PCPL 1 threads except the discussion thread in 1 week!

This will hopefully give me time to work over some ideas and decide where the PCPL will go from here. So basically, anything you need to do within a team thread, do it this week! As they will disappear.

They'll disappear into my little secret forum, until I've got an "archive," forum sorted :) Where the PCPL can be stored and remembered :D

So yeah, 1 week! Remember!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
PCPL Goes "lite"

PCPL has finally shedded its Season One hangover and in preperation for Season Two we ask all team managers to PM me with simply your team name (for now, the same as Season One) AND other managers you have :)

If you could add your "proposed captain/vice," it'd be awefully nice :)

If you managers see this, please inform other managers, so we can get this bit over and done with quickly :D

IF in the event of one team not contacting me, I'll contact that team manager in an angry way, so be mightly offended if I call you bad names :p

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Season 2 Transfer Window MAJOR Announcements

The transfer window will close at 2100 GMT on Friday 6th February, any deals attempted after this time will be null and void.

On Friday, the international pots will be announced, with bidding on the top players to begin at 0800 GMT on Monday 9th February.

On Sunday 15th February, the PC Member draft will begin, with teams being drafted a certain number of players dependent on their respective squad sizes.

Following the conclusion of both the international auction and member draft, the transfer/trade window will be reopened for an undecided period so that draftees may be traded, or previously failed transfers can have the chance to go through.

Thanks,
PCPL Management

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
OWNERS!

I need your help.

Can all 8 teams please PM with your MAXIMUM vCash allowence for this INT bidding.

IF you're found to be cheating, then you will be punished.

Could this be done within 48hrs.

Just to say, this is so the PCPL management know you're not inflating prices, so telling us the truth would probably be better.

If you are inflating prices, then the first instance will be a fine, the second will be an INT player will be lost, the third, well, lets just say if you push me that far, you'll regret it.

Thank youuuuu.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Some information which may help you with the player draft...

The PCPL will be rewarding player activity this season in the form of increased averages for active players. Players can gain up to 9 average points by the end of the season to be added or subtracted from one of their abilities. These may be carried forward to PCPL3 should it happen but this is not certain at this point.

There will be 3 rounds of matches in the PCPL this season before close-season playoffs. In each round, all the teams in each division will play 3 matches. If a player makes a minimum of 3 posts in the match thread for a particular game he will gain 1 average point to be added on at the end of the round.

Teams are responsible for keeping a record in the first post of their threads of which players have made the 3 post mark for every match thread and how the points have been allocated at the end of each round. This will be checked randomly by PCPL staff and any team found to have incorrect or incomplete records may be liable to a loss of average points.

Fixtures will be announced very soon. They will comprise of 3 matches between each team (one per round) on the basis of 1 at home, 1 away and 1 at a neutral venue. For the playoffs lots will be drawn to decide home and away.

Please use the PCPL Discussion thread if you have any questions or comments.

Edit:

24hrs before the actual match, posts are taken into account,

For 48hrs after the match, posts are taken into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread