PCPL Season 2 - What do you think?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, as we near the end of the PCPL 2, we'd love to hear from you.

We cannot guarantee a PCPL III as our contract only run for 2 seasons, and we're in the middle of sorting out the paperwork!!

Anyways, what have you thought of this season? Has it worked? Worked better or worse than Season 1?

Anything you want to say, which you want to say, please do!!

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
If the PCPL III gets the go ahead, will more teams will be added? I think that would be quite good. One thing I'd like to say is that it was quite short, didn't last very long. Maybe spread the games out more for the next one.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Games have to be thick and fast. Basically we're PCCL's pre-season warm-up :p

Secondly, we feel, at the moment the addition of more teams would be detrimental. We've not got enough active members to warrents 8 teams to be in the competition, never mind 10.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
I have enjoyed it, despite the randomness of the sim. Maybe a tad batsman dominated would've liked to see some more wickets taken (better averages for bowlers). :p

Considering the inactiveness of most members it may warrant a cut down of 2 teams back to 6? but a tough decision to decide which 2.

Also maybe we could cut the division business. have an 8 team all-in, play each team twice then the top 4 play in KO matches. 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 then winners play in the final.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Yeah me too could be happy with a better AI,with more runs and more wickets.In most of the matches the maximum wickets in an innings is 4 or 5.It needs some changes imo.

naresh091 added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

But the organization is superb.You guys are doing a great job.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I'll be honest, even the PCPL management are confused by the simulator. We're in hoping that the simulator that is being made by a crew of unruly PlanetCricketers will form at some point. Then we can work with it :) And have it realistic!

Hell, even I've bowled a few this season :p Which just isn't right!

wolf

International Cricketer
Can't disagree with what biggy said, especially that it would be much better to have all the teams in one league. Also I don't like the internationals being in the teams, it just takes game time away from the users especially with the lack of wickets falling.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Can't disagree with what biggy said, especially that it would be much better to have all the teams in one league. Also I don't like the internationals being in the teams, it just takes game time away from the users especially with the lack of wickets falling.

Have to say I disagree here, this is what makes it different to the PCCL, otherwise this would just be on add on, but becuse we now have internationals it is a whole different tournament and makes it better.

wolf

International Cricketer
It makes it different, not better. With the current sim it just doesn't work when you are only playing 25 overs per innings.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
I have completely enjoyed this season of PCPL 2. Has been better than season one and hoping for a much better season three. And yeah 8 teams are enough.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
It makes it different, not better. With the current sim it just doesn't work when you are only playing 25 overs per innings.

Have to say I disagree here, this is what makes it different to the PCCL, otherwise this would just be on add on, but becuse we now have internationals it is a whole different tournament and makes it better.

Prehaps what really is needed is a cutback in the number of internationals instead?

Of course, taking the internationals out takes out the money factor as well... which is what makes the PCPL interesting :p

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
A cutback on the number of internationals, or a lessening of their impact somehow, is definitely an area to be considered if there is to be a 3rd season of this wonderful competition! :p

Perhaps a change to a one-tier format very much like the IPL would be worth considering, as it would mean everyone plays each other regardless, resulting in play-offs and a 3 match-final at the end of things. However, all teams would need to be consulted on this as it would effectively 'get rid' of the promotion/relegation system that has been in place. I'm all for it...but I think it should come down to a vote. :)

Thanks for your input guys, it is really appreciated, and we hope to ensure that PCPL3 suits as many people as possible by using new ideas from you guys!

Therbs

PCPL Season 2: Best Bowler (Division 2)
This was my first season of the PL and thought it was fun. If there's not enough active players, cut the number of teams. Tough but fair.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Guys, please :)

The only reason I came up with the PCPL idea was due to sheer frustration of no cric-sim in the middle of a new season over at the PCCL (regular cricsim competition).

So for me...or us as it is, to make this even better we'd love to hear your thoughts on this season! Was it good, bad, we all know i'm ugly, but anyways, we want opinions.

Don't make me get Colin or Tom to start threatening people! :p

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Don't make me get Colin or Tom to start threatening people! :p

I don't know for Colin, but Tom would just love that :p.

I will have my piece to add, but just want the season to end, that way I can make a more holistic contribution.
This is a good thread and the idea if even better, to hear from persons that formed part of the season!

Users who are viewing this thread