PCPL Select XI Thread

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
PCPL SELECT XI: New Thread! :D

pcpllogohw5.jpg

Since I appear to be the manager/coach of this exciting idea, thought I might as well start up my own thread.

As a poor peasant of PlanetCricket, there will be no vCash prizes/incentives from me (thank God! :p). As of yet, I am not aware of any cash incentives from Mr Sharples or the PCPL.

Matches and fixture dates for this team will be arranged during the PCPL and I will come up with a merit points kind of system to try and work out who should be involved in the squad.

I am hoping to make this a star studded team, filled with the best players from the PCPL as we look to put on the best show possible for everyone.

At the moment, there are several possibilities of fixtures that we could play. It is almost guaranteed that we will be playing at least one fixture against a PCCL team, and then I am looking into possibly playing against PCCL club teams, a PCPL Select 2nd XI and possibly an XI made up of all of the internationals playing in the PCPL. Let me know what you think ;)

Places in the team are likely to be highly contested and so training is going to be very gruelling and tough so I can see how the players develop :p
I will be at many of the PCPL matches to see how players perform so I can make some judgements - all sorts of things will count:

- Number of runs or wickets (plus economy & strike rates)
- Fielding (don't drop those catches, or miss easy stops! :cool:)
- General match attitude and activity in PCPL
plus many more

I will reveal the details of the merit points system later, when I've worked it all out and discussed it with Mr Sharples and Treva/Dean.

For now, just discuss stuff to do with Select team in here, what you'd like to see and if you think you will be able to get into the squad - and what your ambitions would be.

Thanks
Rhys (Manager) :D

:cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Mr. Sharples declares his excitement at the ideas!

In an interview outside his office, Mr.Sharples today has again clarified his excitement of the PCPL select team.

"Its the second time i've been out here, but due to the controversy surrounding out first choice manager, we had to let him go and go to find a new man for the job."

"This time i believe i've got it right, and the ideas he has are interesting to say the least."

"Cash bonus' will be available i'm sure! For the PCPL guys anyway. Man of the Tournament will be extremely lucky i can tell you!"

ledzep

Club Cricketer
Sounds good, hopefully i will be able to make it.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Williams Announces Selection Merit Points System

As previously stated, Williams has designed a merit points system that he will use during the PCPL to select the squad for the PCPL Select matches.

The points system will work as follows:

Batting Points: (for Batsmen/Keepers/AllRounders ONLY)
Runs
0: -2 points
1-10: 1 point
11-20: 2 points
21-30: 3 points
31-40: 4 points
41-50: 5 points
51-60: 6 points
61-70: 7 points
71-80: 8 points
81-90: 9 points
91-99: 10 points
100+: 15 points

Strike Rate
0-25%: 0 points
26-50% 1 point
51-75% 2 points
76-99% 3 points
100%+ 5 points

Bowling Points: (Bowlers/AllRounders ONLY)
Wickets
0 wkt: 0 points
1 wkt: 1 point
2 wkt: 2 points
3 wkt: 3 points
4 wkt: 4 points
5 wkt: 5 points
6 wkt: 6 points
7 wkt: 7 points
8 wkt: 8 points
9 wkt: 9 points
10 wkt: 10 points

Economy
10+: -1pts,
8+: 0pts,
7+: 1pts,
6+: 2pts,
5+: 3pts,
4+: 4pts,
3+: 5pts,
2+: 6pts,
1+: 7pts

Keepers

Judged on number of catches and stumpings

So, that's it for the points system - now go out and do your best :p

pal

International Coach
Strike Rate

You should make this apply only after a certain number of runs have been scored. You don't want to give points for people scoring 4 runs off 4 balls.

ledzep

Club Cricketer
Cheers man, are you gonna update a table after every match so e know where we are and stuff. cheers ledzep

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
There should be a spot for a captain too, I feel. Irrespective of form.

A team as big as this needs a good skipper. Whichever captain wins the most matches for his team should get slotted in.

Users who are viewing this thread