Pitches/Outfields

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I think we need a list of pitches from across the world and maybe what ground they relate to (e.g. Antigua being very flat, Sydney spinning more than others).

Flat
Hard
Dry
Crumbling
Green
Rock hard, lots of pace and big bounce
Damp
Wet
Normal
Articifial?
Glued?
Dead

Also outfields:
Green lush outfields in australia
Wearing outfields in england
Dieing outfields in India/Pakistan

anything else :)

Last edited:
Slope at Lord's :p

That should be in the game, (to my knowledge :p), but when I went to Lord's I honestly couldn't see it.

Old Trafford always has a rock hard pitch to my understanding.

EDIT: Look at this article, sticky wickets could be back in County Grounds, (probably excluding international venues though)

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/content/story/245978.html

Last edited:
Pitches :

Dead
Bounceless
Very fast

-------------------

This pitches along with those in the first post should be more than enough! :)

You ever heard of a Glued wicket Drewska? Change it to Sticky.

Fast and Bouncy is basically Hard, there's no use just putting names down we also need to look at the characteristics of different pitches.

Sticky can be any pitch as it is the term for an uncovered wicket. Wet and damp however may not happen in monsoon season in Asia as the water will not soak in and will create surface water (I may be wrong).

hondeyho said:
You ever heard of a Glued wicket Drewska? Change it to Sticky.

Fast and Bouncy is basically Hard, there's no use just putting names down we also need to look at the characteristics of different pitches.

Sticky is one of those old wickets from ages ago when there were no covers so the pitch got soaked and sticky. A glued wicket only started to come in lately and it holds the pitch together for the whole of a one day game. It's quite slow, moderate bounce but a lot of seam movement early on.

Your other point theres hard and then theres rock hard. Maybe two different things? Wickets have been hard but some not like OT.

I remember a test match back in the late 90s in Sabina Park that was a hell to bat on. They had to call it off because the pitch was not safe to play on. I think that would be a good addition. It hit heads of a length. The ball moved off the seam amazingly. It was in interesting few overs.

Call it Old Sabina Park :p

Users who are viewing this thread