Planet Cricket Battrick Cup S17 Groups Posted

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The format is as same as last season. Top two teams from each group progress to the Cup while the bottom two progress to the Plate. For Cup,the winner of Group A faces the runner up of Group B, the winner of Group B faces the runner up of Group A. The winner of Group C faces the runner up of Group D while the winner of Group D faces the runner up of Group C. For the plate the format is also same, just 3rd replacing the winner and 4th replacing the runner up. It will be a straight knockout.

Prizes

Cup Winner- 40,000vcash + Usertitle
Cup Runner up- 25,000vcash

Plate Winner- 15,000vcash + Usertitle
Plate Runner up- 10,000vcash

Groups
-

groupay.jpg

groupb.jpg

groupct.jpg

groupdn.jpg

Based on the Cup result, it will be decided when the matches will start.

ansariaamir_leo

International Cricketer
My group is a bit scary :p
But it should be fun. Looking forward for it to start :)

voldemort

International Coach
I feel sorry for Zolt... Looks like I can top my league... Plate winner in my group... going to be tough...

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Baggy Blues is out of the cup but HuntingTigers and India Rules are still there. We will wait for them to be knocked out or if they don't have any problem we can start it on 17/10/10.

jadoo

School Cricketer
I will be out next round because I got a div I team, but HuntingTigers has an easiy opponant so should progress again

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
People to help me :p . As I see HT has a weak team in Cup and it seems he will be progressing to the next round. I was thinking we would start PC Cup on 24th and HT would lose the first match (like what happened with St.Johns Penguin last season) but WC is acting like a child and saying his first match would also be counted as a loss if we don't wait for HT. Give me idea please or give a new format :p

Last edited:

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Ok. I have another format in my mind :p Its a little bit crazy and confusing but this way we can finish it in 6 weeks :p

We first have 8 matches with 16 teams. 8 teams progress while 8 are knocked out. There will be 4 matches between the 8 knocked out, and from there 4 teams will progress(Plate Division). In the Cup Division, 8 team has progressed and there will be 4 matches from where we will get our 4 semi finalist and 4 will be knocked out and these 4 teams will be joining the 4 teams left in the Plate Division. The next set of matches in plate would be randomize.

In Plate Division, now we have 8 teams and no more team will be added from the Cup Division. There will be 4 matches in this round and 4 teams will qualify for the semis of the Plate Division. 2 teams will again qualify from 2 matches in the semis and they will play each other in the final to decide who is the Champion of Plate Division, while those who got out of Semis will play the 3rd/4th. The same goes for Cup Divsion.

There will be total of 5 rounds( should've been 4 but as there will be 8 teams in Plate and 4 teams in Cup at one stage, we need to have a quarter final between the final 8 of plate, thus the addition of extra round).

What are your thoughts on this idea, guys?

Last edited:

voldemort

International Coach
I was supposed to lose the match by default, but i did a wise thing and came out of the cup :P

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Yes, I am telling the same. Either HT throws his cup or gets a loss in his first match.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well, considering the gate receipts that comes in cup matches, I wanted to go a week further in BT cup. i.e. I don't mind in you guys moving forward as per the schedule. :)

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Then we will start on 24/10/10 with HT missing one match probably. If WC have problem and he wants to lose his first match then its his headache not ours. Lance was in the Cup and he had an automatic loss in PC BT Cup last season and so will HT have it this season.

voldemort

International Coach
Umm no, I didn't lose, because i lost the cup match before the PC season began :P

but yeah, If i Had progressed in Cup, the first match would have been a forfeit...

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Then HT either throw his cup match like you or get an automatic loss in the PC Cup match. If WC has problem with it, let him have it. And as HT has opted for the first one then we will start our PC BT Cup on 24/10/10.

Fixtures will be announced this Sunday probably :)

Cheers
Funknath

Users who are viewing this thread