planet cricket mentors

matches do not effect any skills except experience, and possibly leadership but i dont know for sure about leadership,

supposedly experience goes up more with milestones e.g centuries

hey guys...i have a player his rating is really good but he doesnt perform so i wanted to ask if u guys could give me some tips
Here is his stats n stuff

Vipul Rampaul (435268)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, low
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Borncricketers XI
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 12,592
Wages: ?1,803 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: strong Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

Batting M I R n.o. Ave SR HS C st 50s 100s
Season 4 1 1 0 1.00 50.00 1* 1 0 0 0
Career 16 8 43 1 6.14 50.00 31 2 0 0 0

Bowling O M R W Ave SR Econ Best 5wi
Season 34 5 139 5 27.80 40.80 4.09 4-25 0
Career 154 9 934 10 93.40 92.40 6.06 4-25 0

He is getting 2 bowling nets,1 batting n 1 fitness

He has certainly performed better this season but not good enough...can u guys suggest ways i can make him perform better

his problem looks to be his PFL(Personal Fitness Level) Give him some rest to increase it back to sublime then see how he perform. Give him one fielding net to increae his secondries too.

if i rest him it will take atleast 3-4 weeks for him to get bak to sublime....i mite jus do that if i can get a replacement
Any other suggestions?

i have a very similar player

Jack Mampe (486359)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Everton
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 13,454
Wages: ?1,612 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

he is currently on

1batting
1fitnes
1fielding
1bowling

when his fitness pops 2 mor etimes, ill drop a fitness net for a bowling net,

if you want him to be an "allround" allrounder, id drop the bowling for a fielding,. then when his fitness reaches res[ectabl/proficient, give him anothe rbatting net till his bowling and batting are equal

thanks Ste_mc_efc, i am going to give it a try n see....did u notice that my player gets more wages than urz even though ur player has a better rating :p weird

i have 2 more questions -
1)is there a way to improve a players Consistency n Concentration?
and
2)how long doest it take for a player to improve his level if he is recieving 1 net (e.g if he is at mediocre how long will it take to move up to Competent if he is getting 1 net)

Last edited:
well wages are calculated at the end (or begining) of every season, so if your player was better at the start he would have higher wages, even though mine *might*have caught up or overtaken

to increase conc/cons hire some sports psychs, and give the player whose con/cons you want improving a fielding net, (aswlel as a batting/bowling) w/k net has a similar effect on cons/conc as a fielding net does

i dont understand number 2, do you mean stamina? that takes 5-6 weeks on 1 net, 4 weeks on 2 nets irrelevant to age

for number 2 i mean for batting n bowling....how long does it take to go up a level if the player is getting 1 net

ah, well it depends on age

but 17 = 11 weeks

18 = 12

19=13

i think it continues like that

WOW it takes long....well thanks everyone for your help

hey guys i am bak again with the same player

After a month a n a half of training (about 6-7weeks) Vipul Ramapul with 1 Batting net, 1 bowling net, 1 fieling net, n 1 fitness net this is where ramapul is at

Vipul Rampaul (435268)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fatigued
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Borncricketers XI
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 15,880
Wages: ?1,803 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: superb Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

The problem for me is that he still does not perform. i make him bat at number 3 because he is a defensive batsman and doenst score many quick runs. his higesht score this season is 6 off 23 balls. in bowling he has improved a bit but he is still expensive.

I was wondering if u guys would suggest me to keep on training him or just stop n sell him...get about 1.5 million n buy 3-4 good players

Last edited:
Its defo. his Concentration and Consisitency. Without those its hard for him to bat for long or take more than 1 wicket.

its not jsut his cons + conc, his personal fitness is fatigues, mampe has the same problem

mampe (now strong bat repectble bowl, due a pop in both to be fair) and doesnt perform, he will score a quickfire 20-30 though, so sticking him donw the order is ok for him, but not ideal, so i have the choice of selling him as he isnt an effective player, or keep him as he is, buy a new trainee wait for his fitness to rise so he can tear up the league, or trian him and sell him for more, or train him and keep him,

im chosing the last option, selling him now will be pointless as he is so close to popping, as would stopping his trianing now, training until pops seems attractive BUT i want to stop selling now and build a team, an allrounder is a very good thing to have, and if i have him and dlomo as a spinner i can play both at home on a dusty, and choose the best PF and form (and if battig will be needed) for away matches not on a dusty, while having that choice to make wont be needed for a few seasons when my squad is good enough, he will be a vital part of my plans

Last edited:
The only problem i see him not performing is his Personal Fitness Level Give him rest for atleast 3 weeks dont play him in matches and dont give him any training then he will start to perform.

Users who are viewing this thread