zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
MATT.png
Inductee: Mattw

Matt needs no introduction, he’s the admin who ignores everybody but still wins Best Admin every year.

Matt joined in 2006 and quickly joined the staff team with his no nonsense, pragmatic manner. These approaches lead to Matt becoming admin in 2009 when PC became a limited company.

Until recently Matt was very active on the site, both on the forums themselves as well as doing most of the PC maintenance side of things

Highlights for me include:

• Graphical updates for most cricket games up to DBC 2014
  • Interview with Heath Smith for Ashes Cricket 2009 (YouTube?)
  • Involvement in the PC Leagues
DBC 14 in 2013 was released and soon after Matt joined the games developer Big Ant. Being a predominantly cricket gaming website this understandably impacted on Matt’s posting on the cricket gaming forums at PC, but quite simply, no Matt = no PlanetCricket as Matt took sole ownership of PlanetCricket in 2015 and has continued to rule from his iron throne ever since

So congratulations to one of first inductees at PlanetCricket - ladies and gentleman please give a warm round of applause to Matt Whitehorn :)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
1612386572729.png
Inductee: Barmyarmy

@barmyarmy ran www.cricket2004.co.uk and agreed with @Ste to merge with BLC Online and in 2005 Planetcricket.net was formed

The merger instantly ensured a successful website as members from both sites came together and contributed to what many older members still refer to the golden era of PC (2005-2007). Barmyarmy was at the forefront of that success, his presence always felt on a daily basis.

Highlights are too many to mention but some for me include:

• Deleting the PC Database
  • Involvement in Cricket Sims and Leagues
  • Leading the way with the Planetcricket writers (reviews/articles etc.)
  • Behind the scenes maintenance of website (however, see above)
I met Barmyarmy on a couple of occasions; he was very amiable, full of ideas and always contributed in a positive manner. It was with deep regret that when the Limited Company disbanded in 2015, Barmyarmy left the site for good. He has been sorely missed.

So congratulations to another of our first inductees at PlanetCricket - ladies and gentleman please give a warm round of applause for Barmyarmy :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
G.png
Inductee: User2010

User2010 manages to make the unique distinction of being the only Admin on the site that I had previously banned from the site.

There's a long story there involving multiple accounts, but the quality of his posting before we discovered it, and then after he had served his ban quickly made him a candidate for positions on the site again. First by returning to the Fantasy Cricket team in 2011 and then becoming a Staff Member in 2013, and finally making it all the way to Admin in 2015.

Highly active in organising and participating in various Cricket Leagues, including several editions of the PCPL as well as the cricket chat and games sections of the site, it's not surprising he's in the top 10 for post counts on the site, as well as a widely respected member - one well worthy of induction into the PlanetCricket haul of fame.

So congratulations to one of first inductees to PlanetCricket's Hall of Fame - ladies and gentlemen please give a warm round of applause to Gaurav Aggarwal! :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
PHIL.png

Inductee: Zimrahil

I've still never figured out, or forgot from when it was last explained to me, what his name means - but for me Zimrahil just means an absolutely tireless worker for the site - long before I showed up and has helped me out immensely as a fellow Admin in running the site ever since I joined the team.

He was already an admin by the time I joined, I couldn't do justice to describing the early years for him on the site - but his posts are across everything, from the BLC99 days to cricket chat, and everything in between. Still managing to be an active member of the site for 18 years is a phenomenal achievement, let alone being a sustained quality poster over all that time.

As Zim mentioned in inducting me above, I often managed to win Best Admin in the PC awards, even in years I didn't think I did all that much to deserve it - however pretty much every year Zim was the one who got my vote. All the behind the scenes stuff he did in managing the corporate side of the company was vital work that I certainly could never do, but most members never saw, other than by the lights remaining on and the site living on for what is now approaching two decades.

Thanks for everything Phil, and welcome to the PlanetCricket haul of fame!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
DUTCH.png

Inductee: Dutch

Dutch is one of PC’s longest standing active members, being here since 2007 and what a journey he has had. He has always been active in the Cricket Gaming/Discussion forums and his quality posting lead to him joining the Staff team. Few years later Dutch stepped down from the Staff team and if memory serves me correctly took a hiatus from PC (apologies if incorrect). However he couldn't stay away for long and came as no surprise when reappointed to Staff once more, a position he had held ever since.

When thinking of Dutch I always think of his tireless work on the Big Ant cricket beta testing team, and unenviable task of moderating the cricket gaming forum :cheers

Dutch gets involved in all areas of the site & is well known by all members, most of whom I am sure love him :p and rightly got recognized in this years Awards.

So congratulations to another of our first inductees at PlanetCricket - ladies and gentleman please give a warm round of applause for Ritchie Adams – here’s to another 12 years!

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
VARUN.png
Inductee: VC the slogger

It gives us great pleasure to induct Varun as our final PlanetCricket Hall of Fame Inductee for the Class of 2019.

Varun joined PlanetCricket August 2010 and and quickly ventured into the cricket leagues section and shortly joined the staff team. VC is an absolute master with cricket simulators and always mentor new and old league managers alike.

Cricket League highlights (too many to mention really) :
  • Legends at battle (currently in season 14)
  • Cricket at the Olympics
  • Europa Cup
  • United States of PlanetCricket
  • PlanetCricket Premier League V
  • Cricket Dynasty with Aislabie
Varun's leagues statistics are phenomenal, his knowledge of past and present cricket unmatched and he has a heart of Gold.

So congratulations to one of first inductees to PlanetCricket's Hall of Fame - ladies and gentlemen please give a warm round of applause to VC the slogger :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread