Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Talk about pool and snooker here.
You can also talk about pool and snooker events

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
Well big fan of snooker, find pool too easy tbh.

Going to seel my 6X3 table as i don't use it, too small. But for ?15 second hand it's had probably thousands of hours of use.

M Hoggard

School Cricketer
I like watching 8-ball, 9-ball and snooker.

My highest Snooker break is 28 which isn't bad I suppose :)

I play a lot of Pool, very good at both sides of it (tactically and potting ability). The season starts in a few weeks, in the top division thanks to back to back promotions :D

Sureshot

Executive member
81 for me on my Half size table.

72 on a Full size table vs some of the best youngsters in Sussex.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't played snooker in a while, I love watching it on tv and am thinking about joining my local club soon

JamesyJames3

International Coach
kevmead said:
I haven't played snooker in a while, I love watching it on tv and am thinking about joining my local club soon

Won my snooker match 3-2 last week, lost my pool match 4-3.

You win some, you lose some!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I play pool a bit down the pub, strangely I get better the more beer I drink :D

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
9-ball is not all about luck. Indeed, you need to have amazing ball control. It's definitely easier to clear a 9-ball table compared to an 8-ball table, but you gotta keep in mind that in 9-ball, you can only aim for one ball, whereas in 8-ball (although you plan your game specifically) you can bail yourself out if you play a bad positioning shot.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Jim Whych says the key to 9-ball is cue ball control.
which you need topay more attention about than potting because the pockets are like buckets

Sureshot

Executive member
Need better ball control in snooker.

Doubling (for Yanks banking) is quite easy on a pool table, only need to get the ball in the jaws and it's in.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think we were talking about cue ball control in 8-ball vs. 9-ball. Snooker is many times harder than pool. Just look at the physics--the balls are smaller, the pockets are smaller and the table is larger.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
sohummisra said:
I think we were talking about cue ball control in 8-ball vs. 9-ball. Snooker is many times harder than pool. Just look at the physics--the balls are smaller, the pockets are smaller and the table is larger.
If pool was so much easier than snooker, snooker players would come into the pool world championship, and walk all over it.

But they don't. Most don't get past the first round. Only two snooker players have ever had any success in pool. Steve Davis has been a Mosconi Cup regular, and reached the quarter finals of the world championships. Tony Drago has been a semi-finalist at the worlds, and has won a couple of minor tournaments.

Sureshot

Executive member
Your right, but then they go up against the players that've been playing for years on years. Pool players would be the same going into Snooker.

Users who are viewing this thread