Poor FPS

laguna

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys, I have an ATI x1800XT and I am playing the game on 1280 x 1024 on high settings and I am getting really bad performace. I have read the above thread about ATI settings thread and that hasn't helped. I've also lowered the settings but again its barely an improvement. Any ideas?

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4200+ Dual Core
RAM: 1024MB Crucial
Video Card: ATI x1800XT 512MB

laguna said:
Hi guys, I have an ATI x1800XT and I am playing the game on 1280 x 1024 on high settings and I am getting really bad performace. I have read the above thread about ATI settings thread and that hasn't helped. I've also lowered the settings but again its barely an improvement. Any ideas?

Why don't you start from the lowest resolution and make your way up.

Well when bowling my FPS is between 20-30 which makes the game really jerky and difficult to play.

hmm, do u have many apps running when playing. e.g 4 IE pages open 13 msn chats, ec...

try closing them and seeing what happend

Why don't you start from the lowest resolution and make your way up.

Tried it on the lowest resolution and still bad FPS

And I only have BLC07 open no internet or MSN etc.

It's a real pain, although thanks for the ideas guys.

I know it is not ideal but windowed mode gives better FPS.

try opening up system processes (ctrl+alt+del then processes tab) and right click on any thing that is not a system task (ie USER) except explorer.exe. This should close any other background programs even ones that you dont see. Also close any antivirus and antispyware programs you have. Then boot it up at lowest res and tell me whats happened.

This is most likely a ram issue. You GFX card seems fine. Have you updated all your gfx card drivers?

Use ATI Tool to overclock your card its helped my pc dramatically.

i heard this game has issues with dual core. id go to the codies forum and ask for help if i were u

Or its just a badly coded game with some serious performance issues.

e660 conroe at 2.4 with 2 gig off 533 mem,and an ati 1900 256.playing at 1600+1050 res and it is very smooth.

try using the omega drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread