Pro Evolution Soccer 5

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Arsenal and France forward Thierry Henry and Chelsea and England defender John Terry have signed a contract to endorse Konami's new soccer game, Pro Evolution Soccer 5, which is due for release in Autumn 2005.

The game will be released on PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC CD-ROM and the PlayStation Portable. The producer, Shingo Takaska, said that he wanted to make his new title the most realistic soccer gaming experience ever by introducing a host of new gameplay features and aesthetic touches.

Some screenshots have been released. Two of them are attached, and you can find many more by searching the internet.

s27109_pc_13.jpg

This screenshot interestingly shows Thierry Henry in a licensed Arsenal kit, something which has never been seen before in the Pro Evolution Soccer series.

s27109_pc_10.jpg

This screenshot shows Thierry Henry trying to touch the ball away from Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas at Highbury, possibly one of Shingo Takaska's 'aesthetic touches'.

Let's discuss Pro Evolution Soccer 5 here in this thread, and update it as more news comes.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I havent played any of the PES games, but did PES 4 have all the licenses? The screenshots show both Arsenal and Real Madrid using their licensed kits.

P.S. That is a terrible attempt in making an Henry face. He looks more like Ashley Cole to me.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 had the licenses for Serie A, Liga Espanola and the Eredivisie, but not for any English leagues or national teams. This could change in Pro Evolution Soccer 5.

In an interview with the official PlayStation 2 magazine, Shingo Takaska said that his devolpment team will be bidding for the video game license to the UEFA Cup, to add as a feature to Pro Evolution Soccer 5.

This is also the first game in the series to be released on the PlayStation Portable.

gold639

International Coach
It would be great if they got the EPL license!

I'm not too worried about the graphics, as long as the already awesome gameplay is improved! :cool:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have just received some information that Pro Evolution Soccer 5 will only have licenses for Arsenal, Chelsea, Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers, as well as continued licenses from Serie A, Liga Espanola and the Eredivisie.

The release date has been confirmed as Friday, October 28, 2005 on PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC CD-ROM and PlayStation Portable. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will be released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Rivals EA SPORTS will release their new soccer game, FIFA Football 2006, on the same day.

straw

Club Cricketer
I've got winning eleven 9 which is the japanese equivalent of pro evo 5. I have to say its playing great at the minute. I mean seeing the pace slowed down which allows for more of a passing game and other nice touches like dropballs make this game easily the best in the series so far.

Warwickshire

Club Cricketer
Straw, you know winning eleven is the writing and text in game japanese?

And where did you get it from?

thanks

straw

Club Cricketer
Warwickshire said:
Straw, you know winning eleven is the writing and text in game japanese?

And where did you get it from?

thanks

Its a copy is that what you want to hear?

Na i got it from play asia and because my bro can play back ups on his ps2 we can apply a translation patch.

Briggsey

International Coach
Screenshot looks badly out of date, Viera is playing for Arsenal there and I have to agree that Henry does look awful!

Users who are viewing this thread