Ps2 Review

Which is the best fielder among these, or som 1 else?

• Total voters

Richard White

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Got the PS2 version on Friday and so far I haven't found any bugs. The gameplay seems improved as it isn't as easy to slog and the bowling system seems to have improved. The ground modelling is fantastic and the overall graphics seem top class.

The increase in the amounts of teams seems ok but could be better. I mean who wants to play as the Chairmans XI or Vice Chancellors XI. However, the inclusion of the Minor Counties was a nice touch, as was the inclusion of top south african, windies and new zealand teams. Although they could have included all first class teams from all test playing nations. (FIFA has over 200 teams for god's sake) It would also have been nice to have included all 'A' siders not just a few. The selection of team does seem to relate to the foriegn tour section.

It is also a shame that the teams aren't up to date (on the plus side for me Tony Penberthy, a former player of my club, Troon, is included). The editing suite also lacks depth. You can't edit existing players, you have to 'Base Copy' them which is annoying. The inclusion of a team editor would be nice where you could edit teams or create new ones.

The is a good range of tournaments on the game but there should be a option that allows you to create your own tournament. I also wish that EA would stop including a 'World Series' that has to include Australia. It would be better if EA included a One day series in which the player could select the host nation and all 3/4/5 teams. eg replicate the triangular series in England or the quadrangular Sharjah series. Also the inclusion of the ICC Champions Trophy and the Test Championship would be nice.

Overall I would say that this game is a massive improvement on Cricket 2002 and the gameplay is excellent but I can't help but feel it lacks the depth of FIFA 2004 or NBA 2004. Unfournately as EA is a north american company sports such as Cricket or Rugby don't get as quality a game as Football and the American sports and we'll have to make do

Users who are viewing this thread