PS3 vs PC Advantages & Disadvantages

Skatie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I own DBC14 on ps3 and am contemplating purchasing for the PC as well, can anyone who has played both versions give me some of the advantages/disadvantages of the PC version over ps3? I know the graphics will be better but does the game run better?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup, game is faster, online is slightly more stable, depending on time of day, load screens are super fast and more regular support patches.... Plus mods. Definately superior.

Skatie

Club Captain
Great, thanks Biggs :thumbs is there anything in the PC version that isnt in the Ps3 version like extra stadiums or anything like that? I would assume that the modding community could possibly introduce those down the track.

ellgieff

Club Captain
Great, thanks Biggs :thumbs is there anything in the PC version that isnt in the Ps3 version like extra stadiums or anything like that? I would assume that the modding community could possibly introduce those down the track.

It's unlikely that modding in stadiums will be something for this iteration, but you never know.

I'm interested in whether there's actual differences in the gameplay. A few people have found themselves unable to hit the ball after the career moves from Amateur to Pro - and have been told (apparently correctly, because they've all come back and said "Yay, that worked!") that they have to choose footwork in Pro, where they didn't in Amateur.

I've just checked, and on the PS3 if you don't move your feet in Amateur difficulty you can't hit the ball.

So either the advice we've been giving people is incorrect, and they're incorrect in believing that the advice helped - or there's something different between the PS3 and PC gameplay.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
is there anything in the PC version that isnt in the Ps3 version

Nothing. It's the same game, just faster, better looking and more stable with the regular Steam updates vs. the medieval console approval process for patches.

I'm interested in whether there's actual differences in the gameplay

I haven't cracked open the PS3 disk for quite some time, but I find the PC version better. Whether it's the same game or not with all the tweaking of things on Steam, without confirmation from the team at Big Ant it's arguably better gameplay on PC. Certainly, online is better in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 9102

PC
Graphics
Performance/framerate
Load times
Frequency/ease of updates
Modding

PS3
None

No contest.

Last edited by a moderator:

ellgieff

Club Captain
I haven't cracked open the PS3 disk for quite some time, but I find the PC version better. Whether it's the same game or not with all the tweaking of things on Steam, without confirmation from the team at Big Ant it's arguably better gameplay on PC. Certainly, online is better in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm not even vaguely interested in online play. I have been multiply tempted by the PC version (partly, tbh, simply to show some further support for BAS), but can't afford the hdd space to install Windows in order to play it.

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's unlikely that modding in stadiums will be something for this iteration, but you never know.

I'm interested in whether there's actual differences in the gameplay. A few people have found themselves unable to hit the ball after the career moves from Amateur to Pro - and have been told (apparently correctly, because they've all come back and said "Yay, that worked!") that they have to choose footwork in Pro, where they didn't in Amateur.

I've just checked, and on the PS3 if you don't move your feet in Amateur difficulty you can't hit the ball.

So either the advice we've been giving people is incorrect, and they're incorrect in believing that the advice helped - or there's something different between the PS3 and PC gameplay.
I played around with the lower difficulty levels on PC and anything lower than Pro doesn't need the use of the left stick while batting. That being said, batsmen tend to move erratically on Amateur at times when you don't use the left stick.

Beyond that, I can't comment on the differences between PS3/X360 to PC as I only have the PC version.[DOUBLEPOST=1407921895][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well for me PS3 means much bigger screen, sofa and wireless controller. Still play pretty much exclusively on PC though :D
I call false on this... My PC is hooked up to my 32 inch TV and using a wireless controller while sitting on a sofa :p:D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think my computer would need bluetooth for me to use my PS3 controller wirelessly. What's annoying is that I had a bluetooth USB that I never used and now can't find!

Skatie

Club Captain
Probably a really stupid question but I've been away from the forums for a while so I'm a bit out of the loop, what do the green ticks represent next to peoples names?

Alberts

International Coach
Probably a really stupid question but I've been away from the forums for a while so I'm a bit out of the loop, what do the green ticks represent next to peoples names?

They have been verified as owning the PC version of the game and as such have access to the mods forum.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dare I say PC -1 Consoles - 0 ?

D

Deleted member 9102

Does the ball always go in air on pc while driving like in ps3? Without the triggers.
Yeah, the PC gameplay is pretty much equivalent to Patch#2 I think. There seems to be a few more bug fixes, as I haven't had the issue caused by appealing too early happen and there have been 3 or 4 little updates downloaded by Steam since release.

Users who are viewing this thread