Purchasing players

Wirah

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When I first started playing this game, I completed a season on easy level to see how hard the game was. As you know at the end of the season you can purchase new players and renew existing player contracts. Strangely there was only 12 or 13 domestic players available to purchase (I didn't renew about 7 of my own players contracts!), and none of them had any reputation (hardly played any matches in there career, let alone the previous season). I was told that more players would become available to purchase as rounds went on, so I clicked on the Overseas tab and offered Tendulkar and Shane Watson contracts, then clicked continue which would bring me to the next round. I then saw only 4 domestic players available for purchase (the same ones who appeared in the first (previous) round. Two rounds later all domestic players were bought, I clicked continue until all rounds were finished, not one player was available for transfer even though ICC05 told me that more players would become available as rounds progressed. I did not continue with the second season since I was now ready to progress to normal difficulty level.

I then completed a season on normal difficulty level, the same thing happened at the end of the year. I started my first match of the 2006 season, which was against Durham, they had several new players (domestic) that were not in the team the previous year (example: Geraint Jones), all that appeared on the Domestic tab at the end of the year was about 15 players that had played about 5 matches in there career, with one or two exceptions.

How come AI teams can purchase decent players and I am only offered poor players with no experience?

Thanks.

I noticed that after my first season. There was not a lot of domestic players, sometime after about the third round of bidding, about five or six new players become available. Have to say I have never noticed the computer with players who were not available for me to buy?

This has never happened to me, for example at the end of my season i signed Owais Shah and Graeme Swann as well as Rob Key

Sureshot said:
Any Filters?
I don't think so. I don't know how to turn filters on, maybe it is turned of by default, in which case, how can I turn it off?

Users who are viewing this thread