Question on career progress

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi guys

can someone please explain to me (or post a link explaining) how the experience and points system works for batsmen in the career mode? I know the levels are 1-5 (ie. the no. on the helmet) however do we know:

1. how many points to advance to the next level; and
2. what happens at the next level? ie. reduced likelihood of nicks, better timing on drives, etc etc
3. whats the max? ie. Level 5 = what? (do I become Ponting/Tendulka-like?)

thanks

hi guys

can someone please explain to me (or post a link explaining) how the experience and points system works for batsmen in the career mode? I know the levels are 1-5 (ie. the no. on the helmet) however do we know:

1. how many points to advance to the next level; and
2. what happens at the next level? ie. reduced likelihood of nicks, better timing on drives, etc etc
3. whats the max? ie. Level 5 = what? (do I become Ponting/Tendulka-like?)

thanks
1.Points has got nothing to do with helmet level.. Increase your skill set for increase in helmet level..
2.Its just that you have become a better batsman according to you skill set..You will get better results with increase in the specific skills...Like if you fill up front foot you get better at that..
3.Maxed out on all skills you get to this level...

Does anyone know how many points you need for international selection, or captaincy etc

1.Points has got nothing to do with helmet level.. Increase your skill set for increase in helmet level..

Ok...got to level 2 (helmet)...but funnily enough just after I got 15000 points. I was also accruing skill points in getting there so there you go (am in a purple patch atm).

The points stuff makes a little bit more sense in the context that it used to be career earnings/money - but was renamed to points because nothing was included in this edition to make use of currency.

ah ok, so basically its practically useless (then why include it?). So all that matters is increasing your skill points then I'm assuming.

On that note though...your performance is also based on confidence in addition to skills. You can have all the skills in the world but if you're lacking confidence, you'll choose the wrong shot, get your timing/footwork wrong, etc etc and get out early = even less confidence. Thats where these skill points are meant to come into play surely.

On that note though...your performance is also based on confidence in addition to skills. You can have all the skills in the world but if you're lacking confidence, you'll choose the wrong shot, get your timing/footwork wrong, etc etc and get out early = even less confidence. Thats where these skill points are meant to come into play surely.
Yeah both in game confidence and personal confidence is used to play the shots right...

makes sense. I notice I hit the ball better (as you'd expect) once I have my 'eye in' ie. confidence levels up and near 50. Nothing like that sweet sound of ball on willow...esp that animation where the fielder dives to his right.

Users who are viewing this thread