RACING Racing Games

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to racing games on my PC, although I've made several attempts over the years.

Playing with a gamepad is too jerky for me, and gives me motion sickness. A year or so ago, I bought a Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. That worked reasonably well, but I didn't have a comfortable place to clamp it to. I recently bought a wheel stand on eBay, and now I finally have a decent solution.

I have several games that I've purchased over the years when they've gone on sale. F1 2019, Project Cars 2, Forza Motorsports 7, and Forza Horizon 4. They are all good games, but I haven't spent a great deal of time with any of them up till now.

I'd be interested in other people's experience.

thumbnail_IMG_0252.jpg

D

Dutch

I'm terrible at F1 2019. I picked Monza, rated as a very easy track, to practice on, and I can't even get through the first right/left bend without coming a cropper :lol
There are masses of assists to help you stay on the road

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
The assists actually work in 2020 they haven't always in earlier versions that said road circuits are a bit trickier to avoid the sides

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I see Assetto Corsa is on sale for $4.99 on Steam. Hard to resist at that price.

Last edited:

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I've been playing racing games mainly in the form of F1 for ages. Since Formula 1 '97' on the PS1 and more recently the Codemasters F1 games, Forza and Project Cars. (Hated Rallying/Rally cross....so didn't get into Colin McCrae and the likes).

Always used a pad....tried a wheel and pedals set up but it just didn't work for me at the time....although they are more sophisticated these days and might have another crack with a wheel at some point.

There are some fast lads and lasses who use the pad and can drive exceptionally well with them.....but not me! I enjoy the whole driving game experience though. It's just so immersive. The cars, the tracks, the sounds, the racing, the telemetry/stats, the visuals. I love it all.

D

Dutch

Has anyone tried Assetto Corsa with a controller? Is it playable or not worth the hassle?
For me, apart from the really arcadey games, only F1 2020 feels comfortablre with a gamepad rather than a wheel, but that is of course very personal

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Is wrc 9 that different from dirt rally 2.0 its relatively cheap on pc and on geforce now so i can play it at a high graphical level.Just mulling it over if I need another rally game.

Users who are viewing this thread