Ravi's AI Patch and Confidence Questions

Ken Jude

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

The installer for Ravi's patch says it updates the AI for ODIs and Test Matches. Can anyone tell me if the updates also apply to an English domestic season please? Am wondering whether I will get to see some seaming on green English pitches.

I bought the game earlier in the week and have been unimpressed until finding this site and Sam's updated .exe

Batting is much more interesting when you haven't got 3 or 4 seconds to move into position to await the bowler letting go of the ball. As I like to bat using reverse view it can be a problem if the ball is pitching leg stump when right arm bowler is bowling to a leftie since you can't see the length if you haven't seen the dot swinging into position, but I guess that's just like losing the ball in the real world :-).

Last point: is it my imigination or do the CPU players get confidence metre "credits" for correctly applied forward defensive shots and "non-shots" where we humans do not?

Cheers

Ken

Originally posted by Ken Jude
Hi

The installer for Ravi's patch says it updates the AI for ODIs and Test Matches. Can anyone tell me if the updates also apply to an English domestic season please? Am wondering whether I will get to see some seaming on green English pitches.

yup....it supports all forms and tournaments of ODI and TEST cricket. no problem there.

Originally posted by Ken Jude
Hi

Last point: is it my imigination or do the CPU players get confidence metre "credits" for correctly applied forward defensive shots and "non-shots" where we humans do not?

Cheers

Ken

This is indeed true - and boy is it frustrating. They dig out a yorker at the last moment, sway out of the way of a ball that nearly takes their head off and all of a sudden their confidence goes up.

They do lose a bit if they play and miss which is rare, but the only way to knock them a bit is to hit them. Hard. Preferably in the head!!! And I used to be such a pacifist but I've just had Fidel Edwards block several yorkers and is now timing perfect cover drivesto the boundary as his confidence bar is 3/4 full. :mad: Go figure!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread