Rebirth of Afridi: Magic moments (Relive Afridi Carnage:45 Balls Century against India)

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When the name of Shahed Afridi comes up one relives his mind blowing Fours and Sixers that has provided unbounded Joy to Cricket lovers all over the world.

His record of Fastest Century in One day 37 balls remains unbroken to this day.

But this thread is about his phenomenal transformation from his Boom Boom approach to a Cool approach that has made him the Super Star of the ICC World TwentyT20 Cricket.

Afridi came. Afridi saw. Afridi conquered (First South Africa in the semi finals and then Sri Lanka in the finals).

Both his knocks were classic and came at a time when it mattered most.

His new approach to batting: Working to Plan - First building the innings and then unleashing attacks in the form of breathintaking stroke play will be remembered for a long time.

It was virtually Afridi as an All rounder Vs South Africa in the Semi Finals and Sri Lanka in the Finals.Off Course he was ably supported by sensational Bowling efforts by Umar Gul in the Semi Final and Abdur Razzaq in the Final.

Now that he has successfully developed a New Batting Approach he should apply that in One Day and Tests which will go a long way to bring solidity in Pakistan?s batting line up.

Since he has excelled both with bat and ball in the just concluded ICC World TwentyT20 it may be possibility that Afridi might lead in One day and T20 if not test match.

Younis Khan has already relinquished the post of T20 Captaincy.

It remains to be seen whether the PCB will reward Afridi with the role of captaincy or will it be Misbah who will continue.

All the Best to Afridi

Last edited:

King Cricket

International Coach
Robin, I think these type of threads should rather be in the "Cricket News Members' Articles" forum, as this is quite an article. And a pretty decent one.

King Cricket

International Coach
You don't like Afridi mate? You sound unbelievable?

I didn't say that. Neither did I challenge you. I just said that the index post of this thread is more like an article. And these type of threads should rather be in the "News Members' Articles" forum.

Anyway, yeah, Afridi was just brilliant in the T-20 WC. But let's see whether he manages to maintain that type of a form. It will be good for world cricket if he does. I'm saying this because he has been pretty inconsistent in the past. Mainly because he has a "slogger" type of approach. Just whacking the ball without following any rules. Which can be dangerous if the bowler bowls a series of tricky deliveries. Although, it did look like from the T-20 Cup that he has changed his style of play. Still that aggresive Afridi, but more sensible and more matured. First reading the situation and then approaching in a scientific manner accordingly. Let's see now,..I'm hopeful.

robin2855

Club Cricketer
I didn't say that. Neither did I challenge you. I just said that the index post of this thread is more like an article. And these type of threads should rather be in the "News Members' Articles" forum.

Anyway, yeah, Afridi was just brilliant in the T-20 WC. But let's see whether he manages to maintain that type of a form. It will be good for world cricket if he does. I'm saying this because he has been pretty inconsistent in the past. Mainly because he has a "slogger" type of approach. Just whacking the ball without following any rules. Which can be dangerous if the bowler bowls a series of tricky deliveries. Although, it did look like from the T-20 Cup that he has changed his style of play. Still that aggresive Afridi, but more sensible and more matured. First reading the situation and then approaching in a scientific manner accordingly. Let's see now,..I'm hopeful.

A good one King Cricket. Now I see the real King Cricket.

I did not mean challenge in a bad sense. I do not claim that everthying I write is perfect. When you do clarify or challenge (in a god sense) it helps me to become better. That is the reason I like you and Sifter123(a very Sharp reader with great cricket knowledge and insights). So mate don't get me wrong. Keep up the good work.

Cheers!

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Afridi as Cool Afridi. :noway
One inning in T20 does not makes him the cool batsman that everyone want him to be. The thing with Afridi is that when he is batting good he looks solid player but he has shown throughout his career that those spells are far and few.

Get over the fascination that Afridi has batsman hiding in him.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
One inning in T20 does not makes him the cool batsman that everyone want him to be. The thing with Afridi is that when he is batting good he looks solid player but he has shown throughout his career that those spells are far and few.

Its not a "fascination", its a fact. Afridi has the talent to become a good batsman.

robin2855

Club Cricketer

I am really fascinated by your comments(LOL!) which is interesting.

So which flavor of Afridi you like?

a. Afridi: Boom Boom Flavor.

b. Afridi: Cool Flavor

c. Afridi: Boom Boom and Cool Flavor.

d. Afridi: None of the Flavor.

e. Afridi: No comments.

I have my fingers crossed.

Good Luck!

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really his all three innings in T20 world cup has shown his New nature.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I am really fascinated by your comments(LOL!) which is interesting.

So which flavor of Afridi you like?

a. Afridi: Boom Boom Flavor.

b. Afridi: Cool Flavor

c. Afridi: Boom Boom and Cool Flavor.

d. Afridi: None of the Flavor.

e. Afridi: No comments.

I have my fingers crossed.

Good Luck!

I like Afridi the bowler tbh. Not good for India if he becomes consistent. :p

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Rebirth of Afridi:Magic moments (Relive Afridi Carnage:45 Balls Century against India)

Afridi has played many destructive innings. But I consider his Century(102) in 45 balls against India in 2005 as his best. What an innings!. In that innings he had 10 fours and 9 sixes and an astonishing SR of 221.73 .It seemed he could do nothing wrong.

Shastri who was commentating the match was awesome in the way he reacted and commentated.

I have seen the match live and also purchased a copy of DVD which I watch from time to time and which gives me great pleasure and satisfaction.

I just found out that the highlights of this innings is available on Utube.

So I thought it may be a good idea to relive/share with others who have seen /not seen. Unbelievable piece of cricket.

Here you go;

Load Google.

Type Shahid Afridi's Second Fastest century.

It will load utube.

Click Shahid Afridi's Second Fastest century.

And enjoy Afridi blitzkrieg

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread