Recess Mafia - Mafia (Hedger & IceAge) Win!

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Without knowing much about Simon's and joe's role, I still have to say I thought the game was seriously unbalanced, and honestly without a bit of luck, I think we would have lost. None of the mafia had any roles, nor were we given fakeclaims which I think was a must in a game with so few characters to choose from. That's the reason I tried to put off massclaiming, and got IceAge to suggest the same. It worked out in the end as we got another day, and I was basically confirmed town from then. I nearly screwed everything up when I claimed Muriel, but I intentionally was a bit weak in my claim (not wanting to commit to it), in case thedon did claim Muriel, I could recover and say I was fake claiming. So yes I had that planned from the start, so my recovery seemed pretty good. The fact that you had 5 main characters, and then a doc that was probably one of the claims that mafia should have been let away with claiming, without even knowing we could safely claim Prickly, it was a difficult ask. Joe not claiming was a huge bonus, as I don't think he'd have been lynched if he had claimed.

A miller in a setup with a one shot cop probably shouldn't have done much, and was in the end the lucky break we needed to win the game.

Things didn't work out too well early on gameplay wise, as we missed our kill on Loco, the first night, which would have been very good, although his terrible reads probably won us the game in the end. thedon I had a feeling was a pr but didn't say enough on d2 to get a definite read on him, and killing a likely lynch target was out of the question, and Simon also softed a townread on Loco, so had the feeling he was doc.

Afterwards thedon became obvious doc, the day ended in a nl, but I still didn't want to risk it, and aimed to kill musk instead, as I didn't want to be caught by watcher and leaving thedon alive may have made him think that his save wasn't legit, because he was softing it so hard. Then I was just hoping for the doc can't save the same person two nights in a row, and killed musk again after Abhas got lynched, although could have backfired if thedon had actually decided to save the clear. Didn't really take into account the chance of two protective roles.

Either way, I thought I did really well, but my scumplay is where I'm confident, probably less so in forum mafia games, where half of them are themed, so I really wasn't expecting to lose the game unless the balance of the game screwed me over.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I will soon put the roles and setup out and I think it wasn't unbalanced. If mafia didn't have much, the town too had just enough. It was a very tough game to setup, I must say. I agree about the fake claims. But, I never personally liked them. It takes away the fun. I will explain why Prickly wasn't there here. The roles had some minor hidden things for the balance, which will look good once revealed. I hope.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh wait this is over?! tweaking studies. :facepalm I was going so well and I was about to question Hedger as Loco, who was my the only to-follow-town left, questioned Hedger a lot in the beginning days - So, why don't FOS Hedger? I actually was going to defend Yash by saying that and scum-read Hedger; Ice was sooner or later getting lynched...well whatever. Well played guys, it was also obvious that Hedger was a mafia since he wasn't dead already :p (I always knew that but no way it was going to be justified).

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
That's the reason I tried to put off massclaiming,

We should have mass-claimed when I suggested it but no townie backed it up. :([DOUBLEPOST=1423275152][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw, Abhas, Hedger and Ice...biased towards scum! :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
We should have mass-claimed when I suggested it but no townie backed it up.

Mass claiming in most cases benefits mafia though, just with the lack of characters available to claim, would have probably helped here.

And we had Varun please instead. Come on, my partners did nothing. I literally did everything.

Also who did thedon save the last night. Cuz IceAge wanted to kill Loco, haha.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I didn't wait for his role as it would have no effect. He could not self protect.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Also, Yash was basically scum. Rememer earlier when he said that I was a vanilla townie. I would have used that if anything came up, about me still being alive. Plus my playstyle was obviously that of no night role. My 'scumhunting' came down to pure logic for the most part, and should have come off as legit pushes rather than any results of a night finding.

Just remember the kills though we killed Loco n1, which isn't much to read into, Simon n2, there were a few townie people other than him, then we killed musk and musk again, so me being alive still made a little sense. Also why I was hesitant in killing thedon, since with a dead doc, there'd be no reason why I'd still stay alive.[DOUBLEPOST=1423280110][/DOUBLEPOST]
I didn't wait for his role as it would have no effect. He could not self protect.

Okay, I knew that, but would have liked to see who he would have protected haha

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
1st Mafia game and A loss. Learnt more about mafia game gameplay.

I did lynched Hedger_14 when I got "No results on him" but Abhas changed the path.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I really wanted to get IceAge today but Loco really ballsed it up (sorry mate:p).

Hedger easy MVP, but this was some diabolical town play for sure.

@El Loco: Shall we run our game in the next week?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Mafia:

1. hedger_14

258px-Dr._Phillium_Benedict.jpg

You are Dr. Phillium Benedict, the godfather, anti recess team aligned. You want to take over the Third Street Elementary school! You want to raise the test scores of the students, no matter what. You believe that the only way to raise the scores is to eliminate the recess time. You hate recess, don't you! As a result of this, you are on a mission. The mission to remove the recess altogether. You don't want summer vacations too! However, there are certain people in your way. Without killing them, you won't succeed in your mission. Hence, each night you decide whom to kill and PM the name of that person along with who will perform the kill amongst your mafia team.

In this mission, you have your partners in who is Fenwick (the mafia goon) and who is Kojak (the other mafia goon).

You win when all the threats to the mafia are eliminated and you stay alive at the end.

Mod note: Has investigation immunity when he does not perform the kill.

2. Varun - replaced by Abhas in the end

258px-James_woods_recess_school%27s_out_00.jpg

You are Fenwick, the mafia goon, anti recess team aligned. You are the right hand of Dr. Benedict and you always want to impress him. You panic when your boss is upset! You help your boss in whatever way you can but you have no other special ability as such except for performing the kill whenever the godfather asks you for it.

In this mission, you have your partners in who is Dr. Benedict (the mafia godfather) and who is Kojak (the other goon).

You can talk to your mafia mates in this qt link, but only at night! The Recess Mafia QT Thread - QuickTopic free message board hosting

You win when all the threats to the mafia are eliminated and you stay alive at the end.

Hidden: He is a mafia ninja. When he performs the kills the watcher won't be able to know about him.

3. IceAgeComing

258px-Ugly_Bald_Guy_.jpg

You are Kojak, the mafia goon, anti recess team aligned. You are the henchman of Dr. Benedict and follow all his orders. However you have no special ability as such except for performing the kill when your boss asks for it.

In this mission, you have your partners in who is Dr. Benedict (the mafia godfather) and who is Fenwick (the other goon).

You can talk to your mafia mates in this qt link, but only at night! The Recess Mafia QT Thread - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Hidden: Can only perform the kill (100%) if the target is TJ because of his hatred for TJ. In other kills, he has a 50% chance of missing.

Town:

1. yashdude101

180px-RandallWeems.jpg

You are Randall Weems, vanilla townie, recess team aligned. You are known for your mischiefs as well as hated sometimes for it. However, you are with all the other kids now that the question is of recess being abolished. But, you have no real ability except for your vote. Use it wisely!

You win when all the threats to the town are eliminated and you stay alive at the end.

Hidden: He is a hated townie and requires one less vote to be lynched. However, Ms. Finster's vote on him does not count. Comes up as mafia if investigated by TJ.

2. thedon5

258px-Character_finister.jpg

You are Muriel Finster, the doctor, recess team aligned. You know you have to protect the kids given you are the most experienced teacher of the school. Each night you may PM the name of the person whom you want to protect. You cannot protect the same person twice in a row.

You win when all the threats to the town are eliminated and you stay alive at the end.

3. shoaibakhtar - replaced by themusketeer

258px-Character_gretchen.jpg

You are Gretchen Grundler, the watcher, recess team aligned. You are the most intelligent of all the kids in your team. You have the ability to keep an eye on one person during each night. You will know who targeted your chosen player. Each night you can PM the name of the player to watch.

4. Sulaiman7

258px-Character_mikey.jpg

You are Mikey Blumberg, vanilla townie, recess team aligned. You are the sensitive type and a great poet. You are cute. But, that's it. You have no special role or ability. You have the power of your vote. Use it wisely!

Hidden: He is a loved townie. Requires one extra vote to be lynched.

5. joejoe018

258px-Character_spinelli.jpg

You are Ashley Spinelli, vanilla townie, recess team aligned. You hate being called Ashley! So, make sure you never post the word 'Ashley' in the thread. If you do, you will commit suicide because of shame. Well, you are the tough one in the team. But, that toughness doesn't provide you with any special power. So, you only have a vote at your disposal. Use it wisely!

Hidden: She is a bomb and will kill the killer if night killed. If lynched, nothing happens.

6. Simon

258px-Character_vince.jpg

You are Vince LaSalle, vanilla townie, recess team aligned. You are athletic and popular. You have only lost the game of kickball once! That means you know your art. But, you only have the vote as your power. Use it wisely!

Mod note: Can be used as a backup in the mid game if the need be.

7. El Loco

258px-Character_tj.jpg

You are T.J. Detweiler, the jack of all trades, recess team aligned. You are the leader of the group. You know what you do. You have certain abilities which can be used only once. They are -

1 shot investigation
1 shot protection
1 shot roleblock

Each night you can PM the name of one person and the ability you wish to use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night 1
thedon - doc - protects El Loco - success
themusketeer - watcher - watches Varun - no one visits him
El Loco - joat - cop - Yash - Gets Mafia aligned
Varun - mafia - tries to kill El Loco - Fails as El Loco is protected

Night 2
thedon - doc - protects Hedger - success
themusketeer - watcher - watches Sulaiman - no one visits him
El Loco - joat - RB - Yash - Nothing
Varun - mafia - tries to kill Simon - Success

Night 3
thedon - doc - protects Sulaiman - success
themusketeer - watcher - watches Hedger - no one visits him
El Loco - joat - doc - Musketeer - success
Hedger - mafia - tries to kill Musketeer - Fails as Musketeer is protected

Night 4
thedon - doc - protects Hedger - success
themusketeer - watcher - watches Don - Gets nothing as he is dead
Hedger - mafia - tries to kill Musketeer - success

Night 5
Hedger - mafia - tries to kill Don - Success
End gamed - El Loco & Sulaiman
------------------

That's pretty much it.

Prickly wasn't in the game as in the movie he didn't play a major part and was kidnapped by Benedict while Kojak was made Prickly. I didn't know how to fit him in and who to drop. Ms. Finster wasn't the one I would have left so, it was Prickly. I think the balance was fair overall. We did have a close game. Town was very poor. I will never believe anyone who fakes a claim. I couldn't believe how Hedger escaped after claiming Finster. He played really well though. Yash was unlucky with the character he got and also with Loco investigating him first up. Musk was a newbie so can't really blame him for how he used his role. But, it was a vital one for the town.

I will be more than happy to read how this could have been better and where I went wrong. But, after a long break from the mafia games I was rusty and this was the best setup I could have come up with.

Thanks for playing, it was fun modding this although it dragged a bit longer.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
musk didn't know how to use his role. He should have been watching players that would get killed.

Also I figured I probably had a hidden role, but I thought it would have benefitted me to lead the kill, as most mafia would probably let one of the goons make the kill instead.

And people can fake claims for a lot of reasons. Admittedly I wouldn't fake a character claim in a forum mafia game, but faking roleclaims is something you can do for logical reasons, to hide your real role as to seem less powerful than you really are, or claiming a pr as a blue, to draw a kill onto yourself (although admittedly not the best strategy when you have to survive until the end to win).

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hedger did really well and as I've mentioned earlier, he was town to me all game except for Day 5 where his claim could have messed it up for him. IceAge was lucky enough to survive each day mostly by escaping stating he's busy or maybe he was busy but he did fine enough in the initial days. I had no time to post/give a thought on Hedger's claim as it was more important for me to defend myself. Don and Hedger stated I could be a miller and I never thought about that possibility. Loco's claim made sense then and IceAge pretty much would've been my target. I think the situation would've been better if Sulaiman would've been active on Day 5. It was too darn unlucky of me to be a miller and to be investigated by a one-shot cop i.e Loco! Don pretty much got influenced by both Loco and Hedger, I also don't know how easily he let hedger go away with that claim. Anyway, congrats @hedger_14 and @IceAgeComing :thumbs

I enjoyed the game altogether and the setup was well pretty solid too. Loved the hidden details which turned the game around. All thanks to @User2010 :)[DOUBLEPOST=1423291255][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, can anyone post the Spectator QT? Thanks

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I didnt use my role effectively.

Wll there be any Mafia game starting soon. :)

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Yeah I really wanted to get IceAge today but Loco really ballsed it up (sorry mate:p).
I really still don't know how I single handedly managed to drive the town into a cul-de-sac lol. But then again there was nothing I could do in regards to the result I got. This has given me a lot to reflect on, I played so much better as Mafia in my first game.

@El Loco: Shall we run our game in the next week?
Damn, I totally forgot about that. I'd much prefer to be on the modding side of it this time haha. I remember I think we brainstormed a few ideas before, but the balance of the game is something you'd have to help me out with.

Users who are viewing this thread