Remapping the gamepad (PC Version)

Salman1k

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The file that seems to be control the mapping information for each type of gamepad is listed in a .csv file under the default installation directory of Cricket 2005. I have tried editing it to my liking for my MS Sidewinder gamepad but have been unable to do so. Has anyone else had any success with this ?

I dont think it actually does anything, its just a list of what buttons are what for a variety of different pads, as they all differ. So its just for reference really.

It really is poor that you cannot select your own buttons for this game. Tried to play it for 30 mins here and un-installed it. i'm not impressed at all. it feels like all the previous EA cricket games just with different clothes own. same commentary, same shots that go exactly the same as before. I can't get into it at all.

As BarmyArmy said, I also use JoyToKey to remap the controller and it works like a dream. It is not very easy or intuitive to initially configure though, so you may have to play with it a bit. Thanks to the people here who told me about it initially.

I tried hacking the csv file but to no avail. It seems to take no notice of any changes you make. This was while trying to create an entry for my Saitek Rumblepad. Then when I tried using my MS Sidewinder joypad in Cricket 2005 I noticed the key mappings were all messed up - well to be exact they wern't messed up because they simply wern't mapped at all. So it dawned on me, Cricket 2005 isn't actually reading any mappings in from the csv file.

So I deleted the csv file just to see if it really was only serving for reference but lo! Cricket 2005 wouldn't load without the csv file. So it seems that the csv file is indeed critical to Cricket 2005 but it's not actually reading any of the mappings in from it. It appears to be a bug...

Users who are viewing this thread