Requests

Coopa

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I wanted to make some requests for patching etc, so as there is no thread yet where modders can just go to and find some requests from people.

Anyway, my requests. They are rather complicated and would require a lot of editing to make work

- Make the ball that says the movement of the ball through spin and seam disappear.
(I play a lot with my friends and they can see everything I bowl at them. Obviously the bowler knows what they are doing and it also means a little less control over swing etc, which is also good)
- Wider Manual Fielding Camera, not so zoomed in!
(Its so hard manual fielding as you can see the direction of the ball, but not the distance. It would be great if that camera was zoomed out so you could catch at least the easy catches!)
- Player Stats editor
- Red marker only appears when ball leaves hands
(similar to C2004 mod, that I never got to play. Would love to see it in 2005)

Obviously I love nearly all the mods, and am getting more and more into the game, the requests above are long term projects. It would be amazing if they could be completed

Feel free to add new requests. Maybe when the request is dealt with, we could edit our post and say COMPLETED so another new modder doesn't embark on an already done mission.

All the things you mention are indeed possible (which is a nice change from the requests we usually get :p)

Some ideas for completing them:

- Make the ball that says the movement of the ball through spin and seam disappear.

This can be done by editing the .rfe overlay or by making the bmp transparant in the .fsh file which contains the game gfx

Wider Manual Fielding Camera, not so zoomed in!
(Its so hard manual fielding as you can see the direction of the ball, but not the distance. It would be great if that camera was zoomed out so you could catch at least the easy catches!)

Involves going through all the camera files and working out which is which...

Player Stats editor

This would be a very long term project although there are methods through hex editing of updating the odd thing here or there, replacing players etc

Red marker only appears when ball leaves hands

Sam did this for C2k4. I think it was controlled by the exe rather than the config files.

Cheers Barmy,

I will look into it as I have modded a little bit before, but not much.

Users who are viewing this thread