restart problem in cricket 2004

cricket_tiger

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i m getting a new problem in cricket 2004....i m only able to play 4-5 overs and then suddenly a black screen will blink thrice n the pc restarts ...sometimes only the latter happens...why is this happening :mad:

plz help me...:help

reply soon someone...

it may be because ur graphics card incomptability

can also be coz of less system resources - or basically memory (RAM)... and yep grapghics card could be a problem too but if that would be the cause then the game shouldnt start in the first place!!

i would say try freeing up some RAM by closing some applications (if possible all) by CTRL+ALT+DEL!!!

I've got a similar problem. When I click on the cricket 2004 icon in start menu or in the folder, the game will try and load, but after 20 or so seconds the computer will restart.

It was working fine yesterday. I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but i've still got the same problem.

Last edited:
skibz said:
I've got a similar problem. When I click on the cricket 2004 icon in start menu or in the folder, the game will try and load, but after 20 or so seconds the computer will restart.

It was working fine yesterday. I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but i've still got the same problem.
Have you made any changes to your computer since yesterday?

None at all.

I guess i'll just have to wipe the harddrive or something, alot of ****ing about though just for a game :crying

You could try checking your directx drivers before reinstalling.

Exactly when dose the computer restart? do you get to the play game/settings box or the ea sports video??

I'll click on the cricket 2004 icon in start menu, then i'll click on the play game button and the game looks as if it's trying to load, but the screen stays black for a around 10-20 seconds and then the computer will restart.

The computer restarts before the EA Video or anything comes up.

what version of direct X are you running?

you should be able to find out by running the dxdiag tool in Win/System32

can you play the ea video file in media player?

you will find the file in
Program Files/EA Sports/Cricket2004/Data/Movies/eapc.mpeg

(if i rename this file I get the same symptoms as you)

ok, so it must be a problem with either the cricket2004.exe file (doubt it as you already tried reinstall) or your video drivers, try updating drivers for your video card + direct 9.0c

hasn't made any difference :(

It'll be quicker to just reinstall windows again.

Thanks for your help anyways :)

Users who are viewing this thread