Clint McKay retires
Tillakaratne Dilshan retires
Luke Rochi retires
Jeetan Patel retires
Zaheer Khan retires:
CRV06MiUkAAOU36.jpg

CRV07woUsAAjeQB.jpg

Source: Profile of Zak (Twitter)

Zaheer's Career info - Zaheer Khan announces retirement from international cricket - Cricbuzz

Last edited by a moderator:

grkrama

National Board President
I would rate kapil and srinath as better than Zak, but the best of this batch, class act when he was in rhythm, wish he will pass on his experience and knowledge to youngsters.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Zak is one of the best pace bowler India have ever had, you will be missed, [HASHTAG]#FarewellZAK[/HASHTAG].

Last edited:

Daniboy95

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Does anyone remember Zaheer Khan's 4 consecutive sixes against Henry Olonga (Zim). Though we lost that match, Zaheer won the hearts of all Indian fans in that match. His injury led him to the break in his career and that break has never given him a chance to make a come back into the national team. One of the best swing bowlers India has got so far.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Probably the main reason behind India's golden run between late 2007 to 2011 WC win. He was a bowler who ran through batting line-up in India and abroad consistently. One of the best exponent of reverse swing bowling I have ever seen and was smart enough to outthink the batsmen even on the most dead pitches of the sub-continent. He didn't have much pace in the later half of his career but got batsmen out purely on his skill and control over his bowling. Best Indian fast bowler I have seen. Hopefully we can get him involved in some way with our bowling line-up because he is just the perfect man to do that job.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Surely one of the best seam bowler for India in the near past.One thing he said in the previous IPL still persist in my mind.He said that in T20 we need to take every bowl as if it is the very last bowl of a very tight chase.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Its close between him and Srinath as 2nd best IND quick after Kapil.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anyone remember Zaheer Khan's 4 consecutive sixes against Henry Olonga (Zim). Though we lost that match, Zaheer won the hearts of all Indian fans in that match. His injury led him to the break in his career and that break has never given him a chance to make a come back into the national team. One of the best swing bowlers India has got so far.
I believe no Indian Cricket fan can ever forget it. [HASHTAG]#ThankYouZak[/HASHTAG]

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its close between him and Srinath as 2nd best IND quick after Kapil.

Zak won more games overseas than Srinath. It would still be a close call though. I rate Zaheer for his ability to get top order batsmen out consistently. A large share of his wickets during his prime were top order wickets. To win as many tests as he did on those dead tracks in India during the 2007-2011 period was sheer magic. Can remember how he turned tests against Australia on dead wickets at Mohali, Nagpur in 2008 and followed that up consistently for the seasons to come. Remember, when India were doing so well in test cricket, we were without a quality spinner. Kumble had retired and Harby has`nt been a force since 2005/6.

Hats off. Statistics would never do justice to Zak. Had he been managed better, he would`ve easily finished with 20-30 more tests are a 100 more wickets. His biggest contribution was against the batsmen who mattered and situations which were tight. He has 44 wickets in WC cricket which is immense as well.

India do not have to look far for a bowling coach. Zak is the man.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Zak the man! Have always been having this faintest of fantasies that Zaheer will return back for one last glory run! But knew that his days are behind him.

A lot rate him second or third after Kapil. What I say here might trigger a debate (but it can be good), Zaheer is better than Kapil and to me, the best fast bowler from India! Let me back it up - Zaheer played increasingly at a time when batsmen gained a lot of advantage and the playing field tilted heavily in favor of the batsmen. And yet, Zaheer possessed the ability to rip through the batting and set up wins for India on almost any track. He worked more on the mental aspect of out thinking batsmen and so he was a handful on most tracks. Kapil played at a time when 3-4 runs per over run rates in ODI's were fine and easily defended. Yes, Kapil very easily wins the fitness battle over Zaheer (Kapil lasted longer), but to me, Zaheer's ability to keep India in the hunt even on lifeless tracks makes him the best to me.

He also got the best compliment probably of his life as MS Dhoni has rated him the "most clever bowler he has ever seen" (Source: MSD's Twitter account). If he was a little more fitter, Zaheer would have created more miracles for India. Well done on such a stunning career and hope to see him soon as India's fast bowling coach. He is the guy who needs to take charge of our fast bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread