Retirements Thread - Kedar Jadhav

Have to say Mitch has been a delight to watch these last few years, did bring back the aussie team after their white wash in india and ashes loss! Some of those spells will always be rewatchable just for the fierceness in them!

At his best he was brilliant to watch. He caused real fear for some batsman.

At his best he was far better than Steyn, just to inconsistent, still feel there is so much more....sad to see him go.

I know he has retired, so we are supposed to say nice things about him. But far better than Steyn ? LOL !!
I can understand Untouch's way of judging the bowlers since he is from the same part of the world I am. We like the bowlers who are intimidating for the batsmen and that is why we have had intimidating bowlers in the past. There is no doubt that Steyn would get you wickets more often than Mitch but tbf, if I was a batsman I would be far more confident facing Steyn than Mitch. It takes a courage to take a blow on your body and I am no Brian Close. The most Steyn would do to me would prolly hit me with a short one and then get me out while to expect every single ball to be a fast searing bouncer that could knock your head off only to be bowled by a yorker is a whole different thing. There is a reason why people enjoy seriously fast bowlers more than the point bowlers. Again, taking nothing away from Steyn, when swinging it, he is one of the best bowlers to have played test match cricket but as a spectator I would love to watch Mitch more.

BTW, an interesting article here on the point.

I enjoyed Brendon McCllum's batting especially in t20 format.There are very few players like him who can do well in all three formats.But i think its right decision now .Williamson can take the responsibility to carry the team on his shoulders.[DOUBLEPOST=1450793409][/DOUBLEPOST]

Even though I expected it, I wished it didn't happen. He was my fav player from the WI team since I started watching cricket. Really a sad day and I absolutely agree with Samuels. He should have got at least a proper send off. Not like his. I wanted him to play at least one more match. So sad to know that he won't represent WI again. I definitely will miss him.

Even though I expected it, I wished it didn't happen. He was my fav player from the WI team since I started watching cricket. Really a sad day and I absolutely agree with Samuels. He should have got at least a proper send off. Not like his. I wanted him to play at least one more match. So sad to know that he won't represent WI again. I definitely will miss him.
Play more International matches even after crossing 41 yrs.?

Play more International matches even after crossing 41 yrs.?
Misbah will be almost 43 by the time the tour to Australia finishes next year.

Misbah will be almost 43 by the time the tour to Australia finishes next year.
Nah. He is 41 and turns 42 in the month of May. Shiv made his debut almost 20 years ago. Misbha made his debut 16 years ago. Almost 4 years of difference between both.

Users who are viewing this thread