Retirements Thread - Kedar Jadhav

Chanderpaul, though not exactly entertaining in his style, was terrific in accumulating runs and being a constant for Windies, especially in the post Lara years. It's just sad how he was treated by the WICB and that he never got to play a farewell test.

Have a good one Chanderpaul, you always deserved better.

I feel for Shiv. Genuinely World Class player who just happened to have most of his career when the players around him weren't that great. Always was a nightmare to try and prise out in Tests and entertaining on his day, I especially remember some good innings when he opened in ODIs.

Strange stance, bowled in his earlier days also, one of the most difficlult batsman to dislodge.

You made the WI faithfull feel joy in a time where the once mighty team continually dissapoint, proud to witness your career from start to finish Shiv!

Best inns and most notable one like it was yesterday was the 69 ball century against one of the strongest line ups of all time, Australia at Bourda in 2002.

Legend of West Indian cricket and a legend of the game.

The thread is now sticky. I feel it is good to have one place to give our thoughts on our favorite players.

Strange stance, bowled in his earlier days also, one of the most difficlult batsman to dislodge.

You made the WI faithfull feel joy in a time where the once mighty team continually dissapoint, proud to witness your career from start to finish Shiv!

Best inns and most notable one like it was yesterday was the 69 ball century against one of the strongest line ups of all time, Australia at Bourda in 2002.

Legend of West Indian cricket and a legend of the game.
As a West Indian, I believe you would remember Shiv's innings of 118 against Australia in 2008. He was hit at the back of the head in that match in his 80s by Brett Lee. It was amazing to watch him get up and continue from there. I rate that innings of his right up there with Graeme Smith's effort against Australia with broken hand. Graeme faced like 3 overs and every ball was being cheered by one and all. The best of Shiv however according to me was the hundred he got in 2003 when we chased the world record target. Incredible scenes those matches produced.

Such a remarkable career by a remarkable player. Tbh, words are not enough to describe legends. So just wanna thank him, and wishing him a great life ahead. And yeah, who'll forget his cool stance? I sometimes alter to it to trick the bowler whilst I play cricket with my pals. [HASHTAG]#ThankYouShiv[/HASHTAG]

The thread is now sticky. I feel it is good to have one place to give our thoughts on our favorite players.
I disagree with this. Players like Chanderpaul deserve their own thread. In a year's time this thread could be about 20 pages long for whatever reason. Especially when you consider that we don't have that many threads in this section, seems like having a new one for each quality player retiring wouldn't be the end of the world. Perhaps a sticky thread with links to each thread at the top would be a better idea?

I disagree with this. Players like Chanderpaul deserve their own thread. In a year's time this thread could be about 20 pages long for whatever reason. Especially when you consider that we don't have that many threads in this section, seems like having a new one for each quality player retiring wouldn't be the end of the world. Perhaps a sticky thread with links to each thread at the top would be a better idea?
Good Idea. I will add the links to 1st post which includes retirement info of each player. :)

best example for unorthodox and gritty batsmanship! Certainly deserved a kinder farewell after contributing for 20 yrs, fans will certainly not forget though!

Most unfulfilled talent I've seen, most badly managed cricketer by CA. For me, he was an outstanding limited overs cricketer who should always open the batting and never bowl at the death. Tests? No.6 and someone who can pick wickets when fit.

Good luck in your retirement, Shane. You have been a wonderful cricketer across all formats of the modern game.

Thank you for the many hours of pleasure that you have given us, with your batting and bowling.

Cricket is a true test of a person's character. And you have experienced both the highs and lows of the game across your long career.

But you have conducted your self with honor whether it be in triumph or defeat.

I was never a Watson fan and objectively speaking, he was mediocre with the odd spell of something exceptional. But I always enjoyed the way he played the game and brought some old Australian spice to what is a largely well mannered team these days.

Will I miss him? Probably not. However, Australia have struggled for even a mediocre all rounder these days and they will certainly miss Watson.

Users who are viewing this thread