Retirements Thread - Virat, Rohit and Jadeja T20Is

Dube and Pant amongst the least contributing folk in the team. Lucky to walk away with a medal those two.

I don't see Dube getting more games, as India will probably look towards Abhishek Sharma/Washington as the Jadeja replacement. Pant, of this horrid form continues, might get sidelined with Samson or potentially Jurel raking over.

Given the BCCI'S stance of looking at separate people for separate formats, Pant's inclusion in T20s seems a tad doubtful from hereon.

Dube and Pant amongst the least contributing folk in the team. Lucky to walk away with a medal those two.

I don't see Dube getting more games, as India will probably look towards Abhishek Sharma/Washington as the Jadeja replacement. Pant, of this horrid form continues, might get sidelined with Samson or potentially Jurel raking over.

Given the BCCI'S stance of looking at separate people for separate formats, Pant's inclusion in T20s seems a tad doubtful from hereon.
Dube just got a chance, if everyone retired after one mediocre world cup, Rohit would have retired in 2007.

I dont know if you have short term memory loss or what but Pant is 13th in most runs this format amongst 20 teams or 8 if we count super 8’s.

He was horrible in the last three games but without his contribution of 36 against Ireland, weird but 1/3rd runs 42 against Pakistan, 20 and 36 against Bangladesh and Australia it would have been a different story.

As Rohit had mentioned stop looking at it from runs perspective. They would rather have 10 ball 20 than 20 ball 25. He had a decent impact at number 3.

That’s not how player retirements work mate.

Dhawan deserved a farewell T20 game atleast!
I reckon an ODI farewell game instead of a T20I.

50 over format suited him the best. Can never forget that Rohit and Dhawan Left Right Combination in the 2010 decade.

I remember Shikhar’s entry into the Indian side. Sehwag was struggling badly. Shikhar came in with this magical aura of being a super aggressive . His 2013 CT and him being a great ICC tournament players are my memories of him. Very nice likable guy! Hope he does well in his post cricketing era.

The Indian fans definitely had difficulties in accepting Dhawan when he first came into the side. That CT 2013 was where it all started. To me, Dhawan was the aggressive one in the Dhawan- Rohit combo. In the initial days, Rohit took his time to settle in and then go for his shots. For the Indians, the replacement of Sehwag was felt strongly, but with Dhawan in that position, it did alleviate concerns to a an extent.

Shikhar Dhawan had the game, but should have had a longer run in the side. Anyone who followed the ICC U-19 in 2004 will vouch for this. Since his injury in the 2019 World Cup, he was overlooked. Anyway, farewell Dhawan! You've been good for the team! Wishing him the very best in his future endeavours.

This could go both ways- either he retires or meets up with the powers in BD and reverses his decision. Maybe, allowing him to pick and choose more games OR this could very well be the end.

In all fairness, Shakib has looked off color for quite some time and his mind doesn't seem to be in the game at all. Even during the CWC 2023, he wasn't fully committed to the cause and jsut felt like he is going through the motions. He does have a lucrative career as a T20 monger ahead of him and that is probably what he will end up doing.

Users who are viewing this thread