Retro Ashes

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In anticipation of hopefully an academy release soon (cough cough @Ross) I was wondering if we could collate / organise some retro Ashes players, logos, bats etc.

Reactions: DAP

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I'll be keen on a Street Fighter roster. One containing 11 Ben Stokes'. Strike rate will be fairly low during Big Bash games.

On topic, be great to play with some of the classic teams in a full tour set up, Thompson and Lillee pegging down unplayable balls and seeing how the new ai handles it will be great fun.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
In anticipation of hopefully an academy release soon (cough cough @Ross) I was wondering if we could collate / organise some retro Ashes players, logos, bats etc.

I was thinking since the game is licensed this time there may be historic ashes teams too?

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah I suppose TCCB/ECB aren't the same entity. Same as for ACB/CA. Sponsors acquired for the former may not carry over to the latter.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'll probably chip in with some old bats again.

Of course, I'm hoping that there will be some way of getting logos out of DBC17 to make the job a lot easier.
Considering I uploaded over 2000, that would be niiiiiiiice

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Retro Ashes, man I am ready for this...To download..:D

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Considering I uploaded over 2000, that would be niiiiiiiice
I hope for your sake they do.

Although... even though I think the graphical editing on the whole works well on DBC17, I'd be happy if they looked to make it easier and less of a chore to come up with good content. Fixed slots on shirts to put images like sponsors or badges would be nice. Shirts that can be shared across teams (i.e. for copying to women's teams). Adding saved bats when editing players rather than having to assign them individually through the bat creation.

Beyond retro Ashes players, in general, I'd be up for trying to collate some content with others in terms of avoiding duplicates, or at least to avoid people taking the same time to do the same things.

D

Dutch

I hope for your sake they do.

Although... even though I think the graphical editing on the whole works well on DBC17, I'd be happy if they looked to make it easier and less of a chore to come up with good content. Fixed slots on shirts to put images like sponsors or badges would be nice. Shirts that can be shared across teams (i.e. for copying to women's teams). Adding saved bats when editing players rather than having to assign them individually through the bat creation.

Beyond retro Ashes players, in general, I'd be up for trying to collate some content with others in terms of avoiding duplicates, or at least to avoid people taking the same time to do the same things.
Didnt you do a lot of work on asscociate and world league teams? Looking forward to using those again!

Reactions: DAP

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Didnt you do a lot of work on asscociate and world league teams? Looking forward to using those again!
I did. I'm not that bothered if it has to be done again, I find it enjoyable but it would be so great if it was easier. Particularly kit design, that could be a nightmare.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i think almost every aspect of player/team/and logo creation in dbc17 was very poor. not necessarily in the possibility/function, but in the implementation and usability. creators were taken for granted, and i think the likes of @wasteyouryouth @Llewelynf and others must have had the patience of saints to do what they did!
Patience? Maybe not... the machocist in me just enjoyed the torture of constantly navigating the endless screen tiles 'til my thumbs bled just to add one bat to a player. HE HE HE

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Patience? Maybe not... the machocist in me just enjoyed the torture of constantly navigating the endless screen tiles 'til my thumbs bled just to add one bat to a player. HE HE HE

put it this way, if i had your graphical talent, and the community had been relying on me in the way we relied on you, everyone would have been playing with the rebel tour teams or default. because balls to it.

Users who are viewing this thread