Review System

IzzyCricketing

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone had the review system actually work in their favour yet?

I've had LBW's given NOT OUT by the umpire then overturned on review with an umpire's decision outcome;

I've had catches be given not out, then on review, their be a hot spot the size of a mid-nineties shane warne, that are still not out;

I've had lbw's given not out that pitch on a left-hander's middle stump, hit them in line with middle and off and hot spot shows nothing and the original decision being upheld;

it's nice to have this kind of stuff, but when it works on par with that big rigs pc game, it's a little annoying...

In all seriousness, it appears that the review system is there to simply say evrything you appeal for is wrong and not out, and you are always out..

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I've overturned a couple decisions. And again the need for a new thread is naught

Hassan Aftab

Club Cricketer
Have lowly rated umpires officiate the match for a chance of getting wrongful dismissals so that you can have them successfully reversed.

I have had a couple reversed while bowling and one during batting that was a classic: I was batting as Mohammad Hafeez from Pakistan when the ball struck me in the back leg and the umpire gave me out. I was sure that I heard a faint edge and felt the controller vibrate twice. I was just unsure about the sequence of events. I went ahead and reviewed the decision. It turned out, the ball had taken the faintest of edges off the bat and then touched the pad in line with the stumps. The decision was reverse in favour of the batsman. Can't say how amazed I was when I watched it all unfold like that.

I am sorry if I sound like a broken record with that story of mine since I also covered it in my review that I wrote and posted the link to in a thread here on the forums yesterday.

thevicky

Club Captain
Yes I have.

A quick question for everyone - has anyone seen a very slight hotspot mark yet? The ones I've seen have been the size of beach balls...

Of course it could be that those "fine" edges aren't as "fine" as I thought... :spy

Alberts

International Coach
Yes I have.

A quick question for everyone - has anyone seen a very slight hotspot mark yet? The ones I've seen have been the size of beach balls...

Of course it could be that those "fine" edges aren't as "fine" as I thought... :spy

It seems they are just projecting a circle onto the bat where it hits. So if you get a fine edge, it'll always have a fairly meaty lit up section, regardless of how fine it was. It's all about polish at that point though.

What I want to see is the ability to use those tools as part of the reply feature in general so I can see what happened when I don't appeal.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've had lots of incorrect decisions from the BARS be held up but a few times the AI has challenged a not out decision when I was batting and the decision turned out to be correct which was cool. I haven't seen the AI challenge a decision while batting however.

dawesy49

Club Cricketer
The umpires call for lbws is seriously messed up. So many times I should have been not out but it's overturned.
Big ant say they can't recreate it, but it's happening. I'll try get a video next time it happens.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

dawesy49

Club Cricketer
Welcome to the DRS System. It favours the umpires decision, always.

No you're not getting it. I've been given not out. CPU refers it. Hitting inline. Pitching in line but umpires call for stumps. Thus, not out. But no it gets over turned.

thevicky

Club Captain
It seems they are just projecting a circle onto the bat where it hits. So if you get a fine edge, it'll always have a fairly meaty lit up section, regardless of how fine it was. It's all about polish at that point though.

What I want to see is the ability to use those tools as part of the reply feature in general so I can see what happened when I don't appeal.

Which is odd because the hotspot video Big Ant showed a while ago showed just the slightest smudge...

which looked awesome tbh...

Alberts

International Coach
Welcome to the DRS System. It favours the umpires decision, always.

It's actually been a lot of fun for me so far. I managed to overturn 3 LBW decisions when batting and get one from a review when bowling in the last match. It does seem to have the odd issue, but as far as a system like it could be it's so far very well implemented.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
No you're not getting it. I've been given not out. CPU refers it. Hitting inline. Pitching in line but umpires call for stumps. Thus, not out. But no it gets over turned.

You're not "getting" DRS. Umpires call means he is able to change his decision of he deems necessecary, based on the information available. Often happens with edges, not so much on LBW calls though... So you're half right.

Hassan Aftab

Club Cricketer
I'd suggest that people badly wanting to get poor decisions from umpires, just so that they can challenge and get them overturned, choose umpires with really poor skills. ;)

thevicky

Club Captain
You're not "getting" DRS. Umpires call means he is able to change his decision of he deems necessecary, based on the information available. Often happens with edges, not so much on LBW calls though... So you're half right.

Actually completely incorect (as far LBW's go).

For LBW's, "umpires call" means that the original onfield decision stands - there's no scope (or not supposed to be) for the umpire to then reverse his decision.

Users who are viewing this thread