• Poll closed .

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
What role does he play ?
I mean,in the entire India-Australia controversy,he has not even uttered a single word.
So,what use is he of ?Infact,i have never heard the ICC President speak since Jagmohan Dalmiya vacated the post.Percy Sonn used to make certain comments,but the current one Mali and Ehsan Mani[earlier] havent made a huge impact on the ICC.

So,is the CEO the only important position in the ICC ?

Well every organization has one so whars wrong with ICC. I think the current one is a dummy though.

Well you only need one person to announce news, but there's no such thing as a dummy president, they're in charge of the whole ICC. Ray Mali is the head of the board, so he employs Malcolm Speed.

I suppose you don't understand the system of an organization, so it's a bit like this:
Board of Directors - Vote on all decisions to be made that have to do with a particular company.

President - The head of the board, has the most power of the entire board, and directs the board in which direction he wants to go in. Whilst the board all vote on things, they have trusted him with the responsibility of President, and thus he often will guide board members to reach an agreement when there is none.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Is employed by the board and the president, and is in charge of managing the business as directed by the board and the president. He must report to the board and the president with major decisions.

As for Ray Mali, he has opened his mouth a bit and to be honest nothing too intelligent has come out of it. He was interested in John Buchanan's franchise international cricket and played down the fact that cricketers are overworked. He's copped a bit so is probably keen to have Speed take care of it. However, anything that Speed does is under his responsibility, and he has to approve most decisions made.

In PC terms, Malcolm Speed is a Globie such as Andrew Nixon (because he was a workhorse), and seems to do a lot of work, but Ray Mali is like barmyarmy, he's an administrator and is overall in charge of the forum.

Well you only need one person to announce news, but there's no such thing as a dummy president, they're in charge of the whole ICC. Ray Mali is the head of the board, so he employs Malcolm Speed.

I suppose you don't understand the system of an organization, so it's a bit like this:
Board of Directors - Vote on all decisions to be made that have to do with a particular company.

President - The head of the board, has the most power of the entire board, and directs the board in which direction he wants to go in. Whilst the board all vote on things, they have trusted him with the responsibility of President, and thus he often will guide board members to reach an agreement when there is none.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Is employed by the board and the president, and is in charge of managing the business as directed by the board and the president. He must report to the board and the president with major decisions.

As for Ray Mali, he has opened his mouth a bit and to be honest nothing too intelligent has come out of it. He was interested in John Buchanan's franchise international cricket and played down the fact that cricketers are overworked. He's copped a bit so is probably keen to have Speed take care of it. However, anything that Speed does is under his responsibility, and he has to approve most decisions made.

In PC terms, Malcolm Speed is a Globie such as Andrew Nixon (because he was a workhorse), and seems to do a lot of work, but Ray Mali is like barmyarmy, he's an administrator and is overall in charge of the forum.
And who are you?

Poorly constructed poll. Polls aren't supposed to show that the person running it is biased.

yep i reckon it definetly does it will keep the flow of the company IMO. I think all company's need a president.

Ray Mali is the head of the board, so he employs Malcolm Speed.

You see,it is surprising that Malcolm Speed has been around ever since Malcolm's Gray';s tenure

So,you can simply see

Presidents- Gray,Mani,Sonn and Mali have all had CEO in Speed !

Why can't they give a President a longer tenure ?

In PC terms,you'd say barmyarmy giving up his admin position to you and andrewnixon retaining the globie !

Anyways they are to announce a new CEO today.
Wonder who it is.
Maybe Inderjit Singh Bindra,ex-President of the BCCI.I'd have gone for Lalit Modi.
Sad to see that Rameez Raja backed out of the competition.

Last edited:
you see ICC unlike the FIFA, is a very weak organisation.........most of the decisons taken are individual and before any important decison it contacts the country cricket board so....leave icc out...

Sit back, count the money and relocate to wherever it's sunny.

Users who are viewing this thread