Rubbergenius Answers Certain Question

bill_123

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
RUBBERGENIUS ANSWERED CERTAIN QUESTIONS POSTED BY A MEMBER ON CODEM FORUM.....HERE R THE QUESTIONS AND RUBBER'S REPLIES

1. Will there be Test series around the world, as well as the licenced World Cup options?

Fully-licensed world cup mode - and you can play tests in different countries.

2. What's the outfield like? In BLIC 2005, it was far too quick and this was one of the things that spoilt the game for me.

It's slower I feel. I don't know for sure (something I haven't asked the dev team) but it feels slightly slower.

3. Does the ball age in Test matches and does this affect the way it behaves ? (bounce, swing, spin, etc)

Yep - visibly ages in the game, and it does affect the bounce, spin etc - you'll be able to get reverse spin after around 40 overs (depending on the pitch).

4. Will there be an option to edit unlicenced names?

No, unfortunately we couldn't include an edit feature in the game sadly. The World Cup, Champions Trophy and the warm-up ODIs are fully licensed though. I'm sure some unofficial patches will appear for the PC version though.

5. How many stadiums are represented in the game?

23 stadiums in game - sounds like less than the last game but it's actually more as each one is an individual stadium in its own right.

6. Will PC version have nex-gen gfx, like Xbox 360? It's capable of them...

Yes, if you've got a good graphics card and the recommended specs (http://www.codemasters.co.uk/suppor...php?gameid=2071)

7. Is it much harder to hit sixes now? In BLIC 2005, it was far too easy and also possible with unrealistic shot choices.

Yes, much harder - it's much more in line with real cricket IMO. Obviously in slog mode it'll be easy to smash them away for four or six, but in the harder levels, it'll be a lot more difficult.

8. Do we finally have proper crowd chants (" " Barmy Army, Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi!)

We've got more realistic chants and background noise from the fans and most of it (for the bigger teams) is country-specific - steel drums in the Indies, crowd chanting in England and Australia, more horns in Pakistan - that kind of thing.

9. One thing that annoys me about cricket games is they try to simulate the whole 5 days in real time and 1. The matches never last 5 days and 2. No one really wants to play a full 5 day match. What about using a system like in football games, whereby a 90 minute match is simulated in approx 10 or 15 mins? Obviously, we don't want a day to go by in 15 mins, but just speed it up a little from real time. That way we can get the full 5 day match in and at the same time, experience the pitch deteriorating as time goes by. The way games are at the moment, they're over by day 2 or 3 all the time.

That's a good question - and one I can't answer really as it depends largely on how you play the game. It's still 90 overs per day, but the matches can be over in two days but can also last four or five days. I think it pans out pretty well.

10. Is there a 'leave' button? I couldn't understand this omission from BLIC 2005.

No, no leave button - but if you don't press any button you leave the ball anyway.

11. Will weather change day to day, or even change during the same day? That way, if it's grey and humid, choosing to bowl really could give us an advantage, the sun might come out by the time we bat...

Yes - weather makes a difference. When you compare the weather in the West Indies (for example) with Britain then it does make a difference to the spin of the ball as the damp conditions influence a slight bit more.

12. Can we now sweep as well as hook and pull?

Yep - sweep and reverse sweep are in there.

13. Do scoreboards and other stats flash up automatically from time to time? It's annoying to have to dig them out of a menu somewhere...

They appear during the match as they would on TV - they appear at the bottom of the screen.

14. Have the bowling animations been made less 'loopy' for fast bowlers? When someone bowls at 95mph, we want it to appear quite fast on screen, (not too fast, real 90mph would be unplayable in a game)

Yes, all new anims including that.

15. Finally and most importantly, is it better than any of EA's efforts?

Of course

i know i probably missed it but does it have all names of all cricketers like in cricket 2007 it is s.jayzuria for sanath jayasuria

NO Codies have license for ICC WC and Champions Tropy only. Names will be strange in other modes.

RubberGenius obviously meant reverse swing not spin after 40 overs or so depending on pitch condition :p. It would be :cool: if the ball wears out and behave differently in the test match, low bounce ruff patches taking more spin and crack in pitch effecting the bounce of all. This would make BLIC great game indeed :eek: :upray

i hate games without proper names...

lol at least it isn't called Brain Larry International Baseball (Last bit would work for Murali ;))

Drewska said:
I :upray to god this is a typo...

Lol, I hope so too. Quite interested in reverse spin though.

Griffo said:
i hate games without proper names...

So do a lot of people, that's why it is always a problem when people are buying unlicensed games. Unlicensed names are always the cause.

Although PES series has proven that wrong.

PES has unliscenced kits not names. Well maybe the first few didn't have lisenced names but the last 2 games (PES 5 and 6) have had lisenced names but not kits or team names.

Anyway, I was hoping for an editor so at least we could have proper names. But even an editor means fake faces and kits etc.

Maz said:
there's not gonna be an edit mode?? :|

That's very bad!!! I can understand putting in fictional names if you don't/can't get a licence but making them uneditable that is unacceptable.

No purchase for me until a 3rd party editor appears :crying

Steve S.

SteveS3667 said:
That's very bad!!! I can understand putting in fictional names if you don't/can't get a licence but making them uneditable that is unacceptable.

Steve S.

I think the ICC were not very happy with Codemasters providing an in-game editor with BLIC 2005, so they would have probably lost their licenses if they had provided one in BLIC 2007.

All ICC World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy and ODI exhibition matches will use licensed equipment anyway, so it's only test matches in which there will be fake names.

SteveS3667 said:

Steve S.
I wouldn't let it put you off buying the game, expect a editor to appear fairly soon after release so it's still worth getting before

You can play using the world cup settings for single Odi games I think.

khan31 said:
So ODI ehibiton matches are lisenced? I don't think they are.

Yes, they are! With World Cup 2007 squads to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread