Running BLC 99 on PS3/Modern PCs

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Depressingly BLC99 had most of those things.

I miss that, I wonder if I've got it around somewhere. Of course it'd work on PS3, as all PSX games work on PS3. Be interesting to see if it is as good as we remember.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I miss that, I wonder if I've got it around somewhere. Of course it'd work on PS3, as all PSX games work on PS3. Be interesting to see if it is as good as we remember.

Really? I've never played it cos it didn't work on PC for me.

Sureshot

Executive member
According to a PS3comp site I found, it's rated 3/5 for compatibility on the PS3. What that means, I don't know. :p

ps3comp.com btw

Edit: Genuinely no idea if I've still got BLC'99 kicking about. Might have to try and root it out.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
According to a PS3comp site I found, it's rated 3/5 for compatibility on the PS3. What that means, I don't know. :p

ps3comp.com btw

Edit: Genuinely no idea if I've still got BLC'99 kicking about. Might have to try and root it out.

I can now answer that question.
The sound doesn't work and, on a 1080p monitor, the graphics make your eyes hurt.
A shame as I've not played it and wanted to give it a decent run.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Playing BLC 99 now, and unpatched you will hate it. Patched PC verison, there are still some good aspects to the game, the tours, stat tracking, some of the batting animations and definitely the ambient sounds. These (sounds) still have not been bettered imo

Bowling sucked compared to todays versions

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I would look in to running it on a virtual machine, Windows 98 is best for running the game and with PCs as powerful as they are now, the game should have no trouble. I'll give it a proper go later on and see if I can get it running that way.

From my experience the game doesn't work in a PlayStation emulator - well the game does, but the menus don't, making it very difficult to get a match going. That said, if you can get it working, that is the best picture you'll get out of the game as the scaling and texture filtering in emulators is really good.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I would look in to running it on a virtual machine, Windows 98 is best for running the game.

Yes, you need win 98 if you want to run official patch which really helped the game.

If you use XP, then you need one of the new exe's to run game, but no patch in this case.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would look in to running it on a virtual machine, Windows 98 is best for running the game and with PCs as powerful as they are now, the game should have no trouble. I'll give it a proper go later on and see if I can get it running that way.

From my experience the game doesn't work in a PlayStation emulator - well the game does, but the menus don't, making it very difficult to get a match going. That said, if you can get it working, that is the best picture you'll get out of the game as the scaling and texture filtering in emulators is really good.

That would require a Playstation Disc right? I dont think it would be easy to find a 11 year old game in the market.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thats a really nice deal... Lemme search the ebay.in

There is just BLC 2007 there no BLC 99 :(

Users who are viewing this thread