Running BlC on Windows XP - Please read if you are having trouble...

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys,
Here is the complete procedure to run BLC on windowsXP...taken from a variety of sources:

1) Install as normal off the CD-ROM.You can perform both NORMAL or FULL installation.You can change the default installation directory if you wish. Do not install the BLC patch! - this method works only with the original version and not the patched version.

2)Download the files released by CODEMASTERS here:
http://blc.sports-gaming.com/blcfiles.htm
PS:Those files are in .rar format so get WINRAR from http://www.rarsoft.com to extract them.
Or download from [post=565118]this post[/post]

3)On the title screen (with pic of Brian Lara) press right and then enter, before the screen disappears. Then if sound works on the menu screen you should not have the infamous hang-at-toss problem.

4) Run the game as normal. Note you must have the game CD in the CD ROM drive.

Cheers.

Batsman404

School Cricketer
Hi, I was wondering if there are files which will work with the SWC version of the game. These files do not work for me because it says that it can't find the brian lara cricket cd.

bennyafg

School Cricketer
Yeah but it dosn't let me install, it comes up with an error at around 90 something %

bennyafg

School Cricketer
It cant be because i have installed it fine on systems running 95,98 and ME.

It does sometimes freeze at the toss though!

Also on the Codemasters website it does say that an error coming up at that time in installation is a symptom of non-XP compatibility.

Edited By bennyafg on 1043539892

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Here is the solution for the freeze at toss problem:-
3)On the title screen (with pic of Brian Lara) press right and then enter, before the screen disappears. Then if sound works on the menu screen you should not have the infamous hang-at-toss problem.

sheepishshaun

School Cricketer
[color=#810541:post_uid8]My friend has had trouble trying to install BLC off the CD as normal but when he install it it stops at 92% and comes up with an error message saying:

Component Move Data had following error
Media Name: Data
Component: Texture
File Group: Texture
File: D:Programs
etsPracticetmdPTWICK.TMD
Error No. -113

And he has to abort the installation
Is there any way of fixing this?
It is the Sold Out version of Brian Lara Cricket
Ive notice that other people have mentioned this problem can you tell me if you are using the Sold Out version aswell.He has tried simply copying the files of the CD but this did not work

Thank you[/color]

Edited By sheepishshaun on 1044564737

Atul

School Cricketer
Could XP-BLC have something to do with this:

Microsoft Games SafeDisc Windows XP Fix
When running a restricted user account with fast user switching under Windows XP, some games will not start correctly. The game requests that the original disk be placed in the drive, even if it is already present. To remedy this issue, download and run this fix.
Microsoft Games SafeDisc Windows XP Fix

pacebowler

School Cricketer
when i try to extract the file on winrar it says it has an assertion failure. Why?

avfc82

School Cricketer
My friend has had trouble trying to install BLC off the CD as normal but when he install it it stops at 92% and comes up with an error message saying:

Component Move Data had following error
Media Name: Data
Component: Texture
File Group: Texture
File: D:Programs
etsPracticetmdPTWICK.TMD
Error No. -113
I get the same error at about 95%. My game is a Sold Out version would this matter?

Users who are viewing this thread