Not open for further replies.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just wondering what kind of sales DBC 17 would need to be classified as a success.
Say they sold 500,000 console copies at $100 aud a pop... That's $50,000,000 aud total revenue, and then let's say big ant received 10% of the revenue, which would be $5,000,000 for all there hard work, cost of production.
Then let's say big ant had 20 workers on the payroll at $30 an hour for each, and they all worked 40 hours a week, so that would be 800 man hours a week so that's $24,000 a week times that by 50 weeks in a year and that would be $1,200,000 total cost for a year and then times that by 3 years worth of production then that would be $3,600,000 just in paying workers, getting very tight to make a profit...

So what do you think would be a satisfactory outcome, sales wise, for it to be determined as a commercial success for big ant?
If anyone knows any facts about the sales logistics, I'd be really interested to hear them, because I'm just purely speculating. Just intrigued about how it all works..

Last edited:
Then let's say big ant had 20 workers on the payroll at $30 an hour for each, and they all worked 40 hours a week, so that would be 800 man hours a week so that's $24,000 a week times that by 50 weeks in a year and that would be $1,200,000 total cost for a year and then times that by 3 years worth of production then that would be $3,600,000 just in paying workers, getting very tight to make a profit...

the average per annum income would be around 50-60k$ per employee thats if there are devs i guess!

@Ross had mentioned DBC17 will be the one making profit as its the sequel and doesnt have the developing from scratch overheads!

From where did you got that info ?

the average per annum income would be around 50-60k$ per employee thats if there are devs i guess!

@Ross had mentioned DBC17 will be the one making profit as its the sequel and doesnt have the developing from scratch overheads!

Thats great that they will make more profit! Because ultimately the more money those guys make the more resources they have to make the game better and hopefully an annually released franchise. My point with the original post was that, there seems to be a big blackhole where all this money goes.
Id personally mail my money to the big ant office if it would cut out all the overheads and middle men..

Id personally mail my money to the big ant office

you can,

Archive | Great Games

i guess steam would be the most cost effective for BA interms of margin compared to MS or SONY, but the both MS and sony are the major source of their sales!

I also wouldnt worry too much about Bigant financially, they seem to be doing well and releasing a lot of games! Just grab a couple of copies of DBC17/14 and spread the word thats what we can do!

From where did you got that info ?

@MattW

*payscale and glassdoor

I remember Ross saying they make more from PC sales than consoles

I don't know anything about how revenue for games work...but if you sell $50m worth how do you end up with only $5m?

Darn that pesky exchange rate!

Well.... I am assuming mate lol these are not facts, this thread is a complete assumption... But its not hard to fathom that big ant could possibly sell 500,000 disc copies worldwide, and that's a product most of us consumers are willing to pay top dollar for(its a $100 in aus)(also assuming in other countries there price roughly works out the same by conversion)... And I'm also assuming that big ant don't receive all profit of sales.. But I'm glad we do have a fact here present in this (drifting/evolving) thread of mine and that's... Hookers and blow are very very expensive..that is FACT! Ladies and gentlemen

its a $100 in aus
Do you mean DBC17 will be or DBC14 is? Cause if DBC14 is $100 then in India according to conversion rate it must be arround 5080 but it is priced Rs. 500 on steam and 2000 for disc limited edition on amazon

Objection!! I hereby state that this thread will only contain factual evidence.

Hookers and blow cost a lot of money in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread