saving test matches?

remind

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, I hope this has not already been posted, but anyway

Unless I'm wrong, there doesn't appear to be able to save a test match while it is still going.
e.g. Say you played two sessions of test 1, when u save, it goes back to the start of the first test.
Am I doing something wrong, or can't we do this in 2005?

Thanks

Phil

It is a problem with the Xbox version only.

Sorry the above was wrong. What happens is that if you save a the end of the day it might sometimes re-set the first day.

An issue has been reported by others (though I've yet to experience it), where you try to start day 2 of a test, but the game somehow jumps back to lunch on day 1 - is that what happened ? The only thing you can do there is revert back to a recent save (I always have two saves on the go, and save every couple of overs).

Otherwise, be sure that you're loading a saved Match from the Load/Save screen, not a Tournament (can Load/Save Matches, Tournaments, Rosters & Profiles). If you save a Tournament before starting it, loading it will put you back at the start of the Tournament ( if you follow me :) )

Thanks Gatt, no I have gotten that far, I saved game after first hour, then went to load file I saved and it started 1dt test all over again
I'll try again from scratch in case I did something wrong.

Ta

PM

hi guys is PC virsion out in pakistan it is not out in sri lanka

This has happened to me on the Playstation 2 version. I was playing a test, got bowled out just before tea on the first day. The opposition came in for an over then it started raining...got to 6.00p.m. Made me bowl one over at 6.15 for some reason. Then finished for the day.

Then when I clicked resume again we were at lunch on day 1 again. What the hell is going on??

Also and if I play on from here, will the game ever get past day one?

I've tried quite a few times in pc version during test match, at the end of the 20th over forexample on day 1. I save the game. I then quit and like it did in 2004, it said match abanded etc, then I quit the series. BUT unlike 2004, when I loaded my profile, then the file called ashes I had saved, I was back to start of first test, not where I save it. Surely this has to be a major bug, as one has been able to save games since Cricket 97. One can simulate games like Fifa 2005 and AFL Prem 2004 and make 1/2's 20 or 10 minutes each in real time, but one cannot do that in Cricket 2005 and hence why we need to save, not may of us have time to play the whol day or test, and leaving it minimized can be done, by pressing ctrl, alt, del all at once, onle only. But the sound remains on.
Anyway with a fix for this, let us know
Cheers
Phil

Strange; as long as you save the MATCH i.e. in between overs, then quit the match then the tournament, loading the MATCH file (not TOURNAMENT) should put you back into the test match within the test series at the point at which you saved it. :confused:

saving games in pc cricket 2005

So like it did in Cricket 2004?

And right at the start of the 21st over on day one, as I saved at the end of the 2oth over.
Actually remember bug 2004 had, when you loaded the game you saved, the last ball of previous over had to be bowled or faced again.

Anyhow, I shall try again and write down each step I take
and let you know
Cheers
Phil

remind said:
So like it did in Cricket 2004?

And right at the start of the 21st over on day one, as I saved at the end of the 2oth over.
Actually remember bug 2004 had, when you loaded the game you saved, the last ball of previous over had to be bowled or faced again.

Anyhow, I shall try again and write down each step I take
and let you know
Cheers
Phil
hope you get it sorted :happy

GattbWarne4 said:
Strange; as long as you save the MATCH i.e. in between overs, then quit the match then the tournament, loading the MATCH file (not TOURNAMENT) should put you back into the test match within the test series at the point at which you saved it. :confused:
I'm with you on that. Took me a while to figure it out at first - mainly because I gave my tournament and match files the same name! d'oh!!

saving games

FishBowlMan said:
I'm with you on that. Took me a while to figure it out at first - mainly because I gave my tournament and match files the same name! d'oh!!

Yes I was doing same thing and like you naming tournament same name.

I just tried it after I had started afresh and this time I loaded my profile and then loaded actual game file and I was back at the start of the next due over.

Cheers
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread