Semi Final 1 - Manchester Divided vs. Chennai Champions (Home and Away)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned

Semi Finals

2a4u239.png
vs.
xdxg5y.png

And here we are folks! It's time for the semi-finals! All those round robin, home and away league matches boil down to this. The top 4 teams in the PCPL league table all now stand an equal chance to lift the PCPL Championship. This is no better shown than in this match up - Manchester Divided have reigned supreme over all the other sides in this competition, and have been a class apart, whereas Chennai managed to squeak in by the skin of their teeth. Yet, all it takes is 2 games and we could be seeing Chennai in the final, with the unstoppable Manchester machine being knocked out of the running. There is no chance to rest on your laurels now, the form books go out of the window, and there is everything to play for here.

A coin will be tossed to decide which side plays at home first and which plays at away. Heads is Man D, Tails is Chennai. I flip it, and...

it's tails! So Chennai play host to the first leg of the tournament, and Man D the second leg. Both matches to be played in this thread to save me the effort, cause I'm lazy.

Chennai choose the pitch type for the first leg
Pitch type in by 1:30 PM GMT 19/12/2009
Lineups in by 3 PM GMT 19/12/2009

Man D choose the pitch type for the second leg
Pitch type in by 1:30 PM GMT 21/12/2009
Lineups in by 3 PM GMT 21/12/2009

Good Luck!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
1 vs. 4, so I put the images as 1 vs. 4. Doesn't have anything to do with who is home and away (since both teams eventually end up being home and away)

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Lets go boys and win this! I assume we're going back to a proper line-up Zorax? Even though we'd still win with a reversed line-up.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Yes, proper lineup!

Probably:

Don Tallon (+)
KBC
Viv Richards
Covvy
Amiya
Harris
The Spin
Zorax
Syd Barnes
Dr. Pepper
Arslaan Khalid

but can change depending on the pitch.

And if it's 1-1 (which it obviously won't be), the team with better NRR will go through.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1 vs. 4, so I put the images as 1 vs. 4. Doesn't have anything to do with who is home and away (since both teams eventually end up being home and away)

Oh ok.

I'm just such a perfectionist thats all. Everything has to be neat and tidy :laugh

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Man D to win and progress. Wins for fun in the last round, so surely more wins now!

I won't be around to be able to comment, but I will do when I come back!

adyhorn

Club Cricketer
Come on Chennai. Knock the MD machine out. All good things must come to an end.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Man D to win and progress. Wins for fun in the last round, so surely more wins now!

I won't be around to be able to comment, but I will do when I come back!

Commenting ain't gonna make much of any difference. We're really just adding some spice to something that's already hot. ;)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Semi-finals time boys!

Slow pitch works for us, so we won't change our lineup.

Remember fellas, we must win this! All those wins in the leagues don't mean a thing if we have a loss over here. We simply cannot lose!

Let's win the away leg of this, and then we'll have less pressure on us in the home leg in conditions more suited to us.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Chennai Champions vs. Manchester Divided

Semi Final Leg 1

@ Champions Arena

Welcome to Champions Arena for the first semi-final between Chennai and Man D. Both sides have made it this far in contrasting fashion - Man D dominating the competition and storming through 10 points clear of second place, while Chennai had to win their last game off the last ball to seal their spot! That doesn't matter though, for all that matters is what happens on that pitch in the next 40 overs. Both sides have the same passion and desire to make it through, and Chennai have the home advantage. They'll want to win this and put the pressure on Man D to win their next game by a large margin, while Man D will want to win this game and ensure all their hard work in the league doesn't go to waste. The pitch is slow and low and ideal for both sides, and Man D have won the toss and opted to bat, making first use of the conditions. The crowds are buzzing in anticipation of a great match, we hope this doesn't disappoint...

0.1 Adyhorn to Don Tallon, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
0.2 Adyhorn to Don Tallon, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
0.3 Adyhorn to Don Tallon, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
0.4 Adyhorn to Don Tallon, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
0.5 Adyhorn to Don Tallon, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
0.6 Adyhorn to Don Tallon, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 1
Manchester Divided 8/0 (RR : 8)
Don Tallon 8 (6b)
KBC 0 (0b)
Adyhorn 1-0-8-0

1.1 Pal to KBC, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
1.2 Pal to KBC, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
1.3 Pal to Don Tallon, Inside edge, and gone! Great bowling, and some loose batting.

Don Tallon b Pal
Runs : 8 Balls : 7 S/R : 114.3

(0)
1.4 Pal to Viv Richards, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
1.5 Pal to KBC, No shot offered. (0)
1.6 Pal to KBC, Inside edge, and gone! Great bowling, and some loose batting.

KBC b Pal
Runs : 1 Balls : 4 S/R : 25

(0)

End of over 2
Manchester Divided 10/2 (RR : 5)
Covvy 0 (0b)
Viv Richards 1 (1b)
Pal 1-0-2-2

2.1 Adyhorn to Viv Richards, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
2.2 Adyhorn to Viv Richards, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
2.3 Adyhorn to Viv Richards, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
2.4 Adyhorn to Covvy, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
2.5 Adyhorn to Covvy, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
2.6 Adyhorn to Covvy, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 3
Manchester Divided 11/2 (RR : 3.67)
Covvy 0 (3b)
Viv Richards 2 (4b)
Adyhorn 2-0-9-0

3.1 Pal to Viv Richards, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
3.2 Pal to Viv Richards, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
3.3 Pal to Viv Richards, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
3.4 Pal to Covvy, Slog-sweep time! He's executed that quite well too, and...yes, it's six! Nice job son! (6)
3.5 Pal to Covvy, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
3.6 Pal to Viv Richards, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)

End of over 4
Manchester Divided 20/2 (RR : 5)
Covvy 7 (5b)
Viv Richards 4 (8b)
Pal 2-0-11-2

4.1 Adyhorn to Viv Richards, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
4.2 Adyhorn to Covvy, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
4.3 Adyhorn to Covvy, He didn't middle that, but there is enough power on it to get the batsmen three. (3)
4.4 Adyhorn to Viv Richards, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
4.5 Adyhorn to Covvy, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
4.6 Adyhorn to Covvy, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 5
Manchester Divided 29/2 (RR : 5.8)
Covvy 14 (9b)
Viv Richards 6 (10b)
Adyhorn 3-0-18-0

5.1 Pal to Viv Richards, , Wide, one run (1)
5.1 Pal to Viv Richards, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
5.2 Pal to Covvy, Splendid shot for four! (4)
5.3 Pal to Covvy, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
5.4 Pal to Viv Richards, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
5.5 Pal to Viv Richards, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
5.6 Pal to Viv Richards, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)

End of over 6
Manchester Divided 38/2 (RR : 6.33)
Viv Richards 9 (14b)
Covvy 19 (11b)
Pal 3-0-20-2

6.1 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
6.2 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
6.3 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
6.4 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
6.5 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
6.6 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)

End of over 7
Manchester Divided 50/2 (RR : 7.14)
Covvy 24 (14b)
Viv Richards 16 (17b)
Aravinda de Silva 1-0-12-0

7.1 Abdul Qadir to Viv Richards, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
7.2 Abdul Qadir to Covvy, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
7.3 Abdul Qadir to Viv Richards, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
7.4 Abdul Qadir to Covvy, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
7.5 Abdul Qadir to Viv Richards, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
7.6 Abdul Qadir to Viv Richards, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 8
Manchester Divided 56/2 (RR : 7)
Viv Richards 20 (21b)
Covvy 26 (16b)
Abdul Qadir 1-0-6-0

8.1 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
8.2 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
8.3 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
8.4 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
8.5 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
8.6 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)

End of over 9
Manchester Divided 65/2 (RR : 7.22)
Viv Richards 21 (22b)
Covvy 34 (21b)
Aravinda de Silva 2-0-21-0

9.1 Gillyfan to Covvy, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
9.2 Gillyfan to Covvy, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
9.3 Gillyfan to Covvy, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
9.4 Gillyfan to Covvy, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
9.5 Gillyfan to Covvy, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
9.6 Gillyfan to Covvy, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)

End of over 10
Manchester Divided 68/2 (RR : 6.8)
Viv Richards 21 (22b)
Covvy 37 (27b)
Gillyfan 1-0-3-0

10.1 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
10.2 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
10.3 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
10.4 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
10.5 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
10.6 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 11
Manchester Divided 75/2 (RR : 6.82)
Viv Richards 22 (25b)
Covvy 43 (30b)
Aravinda de Silva 3-0-28-0

11.1 Gillyfan to Covvy, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
11.2 Gillyfan to Viv Richards, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
11.3 Gillyfan to Viv Richards, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
11.4 Gillyfan to Viv Richards, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
11.5 Gillyfan to Covvy, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
11.6 Gillyfan to Covvy, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)

End of over 12
Manchester Divided 85/2 (RR : 7.08)
Covvy 52 (33b)
Viv Richards 23 (28b)
Gillyfan 2-0-13-0

12.1 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
12.2 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
12.3 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
12.4 Aravinda de Silva to Viv Richards, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
12.5 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
12.6 Aravinda de Silva to Covvy, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)

End of over 13
Manchester Divided 96/2 (RR : 7.38)
Covvy 56 (35b)
Viv Richards 30 (32b)
Aravinda de Silva 4-0-39-0

13.1 Abdul Qadir to Viv Richards, Easy single. (1)
13.2 Abdul Qadir to Covvy, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
13.3 Abdul Qadir to Viv Richards, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
13.4 Abdul Qadir to Viv Richards, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
13.5 Abdul Qadir to Viv Richards, No shot offered. (0)
13.6 Abdul Qadir to Viv Richards, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)

End of over 14
Manchester Divided 107/2 (RR : 7.64)
Covvy 57 (36b)
Viv Richards 40 (37b)
Abdul Qadir 2-0-17-0

14.1 Ranjitsinhji to Viv Richards, One more to the total. (1)
14.2 Ranjitsinhji to Covvy, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
14.3 Ranjitsinhji to Viv Richards, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
14.4 Ranjitsinhji to Covvy, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
14.5 Ranjitsinhji to Covvy, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
14.6 Ranjitsinhji to Covvy, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)

End of over 15
Manchester Divided 115/2 (RR : 7.67)
Viv Richards 42 (39b)
Covvy 63 (40b)
Ranjitsinhji 1-0-8-0

15.1 Abdul Qadir to Covvy, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
15.2 Abdul Qadir to Covvy, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
15.3 Abdul Qadir to Covvy, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
15.4 Abdul Qadir to Covvy, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
15.5 Abdul Qadir to Covvy, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
15.6 Abdul Qadir to Covvy, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)

End of over 16
Manchester Divided 120/2 (RR : 7.5)
Viv Richards 42 (39b)
Covvy 68 (46b)
Abdul Qadir 3-0-22-0

16.1 Gillyfan to Covvy, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
16.2 Gillyfan to Covvy, Very well bowled. (0)
16.3 Gillyfan to Covvy, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
16.4 Gillyfan to Covvy, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
16.5 Gillyfan to Viv Richards, No shot offered. (0)
16.6 Gillyfan to Viv Richards, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)

End of over 17
Manchester Divided 128/2 (RR : 7.53)
Covvy 75 (50b)
Viv Richards 43 (41b)
Gillyfan 3-0-21-0

17.1 Ranjitsinhji to Viv Richards, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
17.2 Ranjitsinhji to Viv Richards, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
17.3 Ranjitsinhji to Covvy, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)
17.4 Ranjitsinhji to Covvy, That six has cleared the car park! (6)
17.5 Ranjitsinhji to Covvy, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
17.6 Ranjitsinhji to Covvy, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)

End of over 18
Manchester Divided 142/2 (RR : 7.89)
Viv Richards 46 (43b)
Covvy 86 (54b)
Ranjitsinhji 2-0-22-0

18.1 Adyhorn to Covvy, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
18.2 Adyhorn to Viv Richards, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
18.3 Adyhorn to Viv Richards, Low fulltoss, the batsman lines up for the big shot, and misses completely! LBW! Gosh that's rubbish batting, the batsman is kicking himself!

Viv Richards lbw Adyhorn
Runs : 48 Balls : 45 S/R : 106.7

(0)
18.4 Adyhorn to Amiya, EDGED AND TAKEN! Safe pair of hands there behind the stumps, he doesn't drop many of those!

Amiya c & b Adyhorn
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0

(0)
18.5 Adyhorn to 07harrisb, He takes a step down the track and turns an attempted yorker into a full-toss, and dispatches it over long-on for six! (6)
18.6 Adyhorn to 07harrisb, And that's why you should always know where your backfoot is. The batsman left that ball alone, completely oblivious to the fact that he was standing out of his crease, and the keepere removes the bails while laughing!

07harrisb st Naresh091 b Adyhorn
Runs : 6 Balls : 2 S/R : 300

(0)

End of over 19
Manchester Divided 151/5 (RR : 7.95)
The Spin 0 (0b)
Covvy 87 (55b)
Adyhorn 4-0-27-3

19.1 Pal to Covvy, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
19.2 Pal to Covvy, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
19.3 Pal to The Spin, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
19.4 Pal to The Spin, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
19.5 Pal to The Spin, , Wide, one run (1)
19.5 Pal to The Spin, He takes a step down the track and turns an attempted yorker into a full-toss, and dispatches it over long-on for six! (6)
19.6 Pal to The Spin, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)

End of over 20
Manchester Divided 161/5 (RR : 8.05)
The Spin 8 (4b)
Covvy 88 (57b)
Pal 4-0-30-2

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 161
Wickets : 5
Overs : 20.0

A blinder of an innings from Covvy has taken his side up to very competitive score and has given Man D the edge in this first semi-final game! The Man D supporters and dugouts had their heart in their mouths when Pal struck twice in the second over, removing both openers, but Viv and Covvy set about rebuilding the innings. Runs were proving hard to come by as Pal and Adyhorn gave nothing away with the new ball, but Chennai were soon to regret not playing an extra bowler as Ranjitsinhji's two overs were taken for 22 runs by a rampaging Covvy. He played a stellar knock, getting his eye in before tearing into Ranji and de Silva, piling on the misery with an array of front foot shots to counter the low bounce and prodigious movement. The conditions were ideal of bowling but Chennai failed to make full use of them, and find themselves on the backfoot chasing a large score against an in-form Manchester bowling attack. Such sloppiness cost Chennai several games in the league stages, and may well cost them in their most crucial game yet. Will the Chennai batsmen be up to the task, or will Man D secure this much needed win? Stay tuned as we find out after this break!

Users who are viewing this thread