Sep 29 - England v New Zealand

Ahmad Shah

Panel of Selectors
New Zealand will have to make most of it this time if they want to stay in the competition. Same goes for England.

It's do or die for both the teams.

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bit surprised they dropped plumper Patel, and not based on what Briggs is doing. I'd have faced up Wright vs Patel, and while Wright may boast a 99no that was against a breed of dogs.

vs Afghanistan : Wright 99no and 0/1 vs Patel 0no and 2/6.
Both contributed, Wright more because of a bigger opportunity, but neither is really significant to what happens in bigger games

vs India : Wright 6 & DNB vs Patel n/a (bizarrely)

vs West Indies : Wright 0 & 0/11 vs Patel DNB & 0/38
Neither particularly covered in glory.

So thus far Wright has scored six runs and taken 0/11 from one over against any Test quality sides, yet is included. Considering the use Patel could prove with the ball you'd have thought he would be included, but Wright is probably seen as the better bet/bat when he isn't really.

LJ Wright (35 T20Is) : 480 runs @ 17.78 & 7 wkts @ 33.57
SR Patel (13 T20Is) : 81 runs @ 11.57 & 7 wkts @ 36.71

Over 1/5 of those Wright runs were against Afghanistan. I'd have picked Patel on more suitability in the conditions, but by the time England come to try it then it may be too little too late.

spooony

Club Captain
^Is he in any relation to that Train Robber?

England play Sri Lanka on this pitch on Monday and it is spinning like a washing machine.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well played by Franklin, gives NZ half a chance. Really need a few early wickets

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I'm pretty annoyed atm.

Wtf was up with those wide calls. There were four obvious wides that weren't called, that's over half an over.

Then there was that BS with Finn hitting the wickets. Bloody shafted us seven runs from Finn's ----.

Yes our top order played crap, so it's part due to that and part due to this other stuff that went on in the innings.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Craig Kieswetter, foxed just like I get when trying a sweep shot.

macintosh

Club Captain
Happy to see NZ persisting with Nathan McCullum, he is much more useful then what his stats suggest. He has a really difficult role to play, I just feel he needs to bat a bit higher in the order.

Fenil

Kieswetter's tournament 0 (6 balls), 0 (4), 0 (2) and 4 (14)

Wrong. He scored 35 (38 balls) against India in group stage match.

----------

After early wickets, England are getting it 'Wright' now.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Not too surprised we won today. NZ are a poor side and the likes of McCullum just aren't as capable against quality pace bowlers. I think we got our 11 spot on today and hopefully it stays like this for the Sri Lanka game. Feeling positive and I can see Kieswetter coming good too, just needs some time out in the middle and he'll be back to his best.

Fenil

Did not include the India match and Wasn't it 35 of 25 Balls?

Yes, my bad. It was 25 balls, 38 minutes. Always get goofed up between the two when in hurry. He was the top scorer for England followed by Dernbach (12) and Buttler (11) in that match.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bit surprised they dropped plumper Patel, and not based on what Briggs is doing. I'd have faced up Wright vs Patel, and while Wright may boast a 99no that was against a breed of dogs.

vs Afghanistan : Wright 99no and 0/1 vs Patel 0no and 2/6.
Both contributed, Wright more because of a bigger opportunity, but neither is really significant to what happens in bigger games

vs India : Wright 6 & DNB vs Patel n/a (bizarrely)

vs West Indies : Wright 0 & 0/11 vs Patel DNB & 0/38
Neither particularly covered in glory.

So thus far Wright has scored six runs and taken 0/11 from one over against any Test quality sides, yet is included. Considering the use Patel could prove with the ball you'd have thought he would be included, but Wright is probably seen as the better bet/bat when he isn't really.

LJ Wright (35 T20Is) : 480 runs @ 17.78 & 7 wkts @ 33.57
SR Patel (13 T20Is) : 81 runs @ 11.57 & 7 wkts @ 36.71

Over 1/5 of those Wright runs were against Afghanistan. I'd have picked Patel on more suitability in the conditions, but by the time England come to try it then it may be too little too late.

Thankfully, England did not listen to you :p

Users who are viewing this thread