Shining on the world stage......

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
For me, the main draw card of the Champions League is the opportunity for little known domestic players around the globe to mix it with some of the world's best.

Players like Brad Hodge and Dominic Thornely have been amongst the best cricketers in their country for the last ten years, but have had limited opportunity to don the baggy green, which is sad for such stalwarts of the game.

Now the Champions League is giving them an opportunity to play against the world's best. But the real bonus is the youngsters who have been given this opportunity to impress the selectors on the world stage, some as young as 20. It is great to see Jon Holland and Steven Smith playing in the Champions League, as these two are the future of spin bowling in a country that has been rocked by the drought faced in the tweakers department.

The experience they will gain from playing on the spin-friendly pitches in India will give them a great deal of confidence, and hold them in good stead for the future.

Obviously this is biased towards the Australian cricket team, but please post your own opinions on the domestic teams from your country that are taking part in the tournament.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Take Thornely outs he been pretty dam average of late!
Henriques has shown what he can do with the bat, hasn't been as good with the ball but hes been serviceable apart from against Pollard. McDonald has put his name up there along with Warner and Hughes. McKay has also been a real find this tournament after being very average in the Big Bash.

From other teams Pattrick, Davids, Pollard have been stars for their team.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Obviously not as I'm always taking shots at Thornely these days :p
Harwood had one good game but has been average since then.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah fair enough, but he's been a great for the Vics at domestic level. Dirk Nannes is getting a good go too, traitor that he is. And I bet Delhi are not happy they gave up Warner!

Users who are viewing this thread