Shoaib Akhtar vs Brett Lee vs Laith Malinga. Who is Better

ArcherMcKinley

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Akhtar was perhaps the most lethal amongst the lot. But he's not had a very long career - battling injuries and the PCB.

Brett Lee has always performed for Australia. Early in his career he was very quick, but though he has lost pace in recent times, he has also matured and is bowling with consistency these days. His disguised slower ball requires special mention as well..

Malinga has won matches for Sri Lanka, single handedly. The 2007 WC match against South Africa proved how lethal he could be at the depth.
--
I don't think there is an answer to it, as with all the other similar posts in this forum. Brett Lee, I believe, is the most successful. But he's also played for the longest time.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Shoaib Akhtar has always been flooded by controversies but was a good bowler when he played for Pakistan as we all know but certainly not better than Brett Lee and Lasith Malinga in my view.:spy.
Brett Lee was tereffic in his younger days and most feared fast bowler and useful contributor with the bat at times..He had so many injuries he missed out on alot of matches.Now he is still quick but not like what he was 4 years ago and is 35 years old nearing the end of his career.
I'd go for Lasith Malinga.His slinging action and freakish accuracy,ability to consistently bowl toe-crushing yorkers,deadly bouncers and sometimes change of pace and good slower balls makes him better than Shoaib and Lee.
Its good that he's retired from Tests because he also used to pick up injuries regularly.He was absolutely brilliant since his comeback into the Sri Lanka team.He has also begun to make useful contributions with the bat lately.Scored a half-century to held Sri Lanka to a one-wicket win over the Aussies and helped Mumbai Indians win the CLT20 2011 with in which he made some good cameos like the 37* to beat CSK.;)

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I don't think Malinga can be categorized with LEE and Akhter who were always much quicker than Malinga. Malinga is still very effective though in ODIs.

Anjula

Club Captain

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is not true because I am pretty sure Tait hold that record. And its not the second fastest its the fastest that matters. NO body knows the second man to step on the moon but everyone knows Neil Armstrong( the first man to step foot on the moon)

Lee1981

International Coach
NO body knows the second man to step on the moon but everyone knows Neil Armstrong( the first man to step foot on the moon)

If you actually believe the moon landing,...

Biggest cover up of all time..,

off topic i know,, couldn't resist,, sorry.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Brett Lee is the best of three. Akhtar was quicker than him but his accuracy and fitness was far better than most of the other quick bowler (bowler who can bowl above 145+ consistently) in last decade or so.

offtopic :

yup, actually i also wanted to comment on that fake moon landing but this is not the right forum for it.

Last edited:

Anjula

Club Captain

Yeah, I know
I saw it in a newspaper

----------

Brett Lee is the best of three. Akhtar was quicker than him but his accuracy and fitness was far better than most of the other quick bowler (bowler who can bowl above 145+ consistently) in last decade or so.

Speed isn't everything.
Malinga is mush accurate than him.
Well, He is better than akhtar

RPHKR

National Board President
Brett Lee is the best. He's most successful than others and had been consistent for years.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Speed isn't everything.
Malinga is mush accurate than him.
Well, He is better than akhtar

1. Check by post i clearly mention one more factor which makes Lee better than Akhtar or Malinga is fitness. Malinga doesn't have the fitness to play Test cricket which is the real form of cricket.

2. If speed isn't everything then this thread should be title as

Mcgrath Vs Akram Vs Waqar Vs Vaas Vs Khan and few more..... in last 10-15 years
A guy bowling 150+ (Lee, Akhtar, Tait) will obviously less accurate than a guy bowling 140-145 (malinga).

Malinga is just not good enough to be compare with Lee or Akhtar as he has not performed in Test cricket.

Last edited:

Anjula

Club Captain
Malinga is just not good enough to be compare with Lee or Akhtar as he has not performed in Test cricket.

He has performed in Test cricket even if he is now retired.
True he isn't now doesn't play test, but he still play in ODI.
Test isn't the real form of the game,
All three formats matters.

Last edited:

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Natural Talent wise: Akhtar>Lee>Malinga
Fitness and stats wise: Lee>Malinga>Akhtar

A fully fit Akhtar with no problems around him (early part of the last decade) was as dangerous as any great bowler of all time but remember that he was physically abnormal so for us it is a miracle to have such a person as "World's Fastest Bowler" ever.

Anjula

Club Captain
This is My Opinion about ODI Bowlers:

1-Dale Steyn
2-Morne Morkel
3-Lasith Malinga
4-Brett Lee
5-Praveen Kumar
6-Umar Gul
7-Saeed Ajmal
8-Mitcheel Johnson
9-Tim Southee
10-Greame Swann

Last edited:

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Shoaib and Lee have always been at par with Malinga. Its not about records all the time. Shoaib and Lee were geniune fast bowlers, the players who have been developed in ages.

Users who are viewing this thread