Shot Placement - Help needed

anand.vivek

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I searched the forums, but still found no conclusive answers. All I wanted to know is What is the exact use of the two arcs in the Shot Placement area? What does the left arc imply and so as the right arc ? which one shows the direction of the shot ?

It is so confusing in the training nets itself (where the direction for cover drive is in right arc and square cut in left arc..!!) One last question..how to score boundaries in powerplays with defensive batsmen at crease? It is too hard to pierce the in-field:noway

:p

Its better to have defensive batsman. They can turn the shots by 22 degrees. Attacking batsman can only make it 5 degree.

Well, don't think of it as 2 different arcs. Consider it as a circle. Use the up and down arrow to change the direction of the circle or the 'arcs'.

Placement feature is similar to tilting your wrist when playing a shot. For eg, if you play a cover drive with the placement circle turned all the way to the clockwise direction for a right handed batsman, the shot will be played more squarer than the usual cover drive. Similarly, if you turn it all the way to the anti clockwise direction for a right handed batsman, a cover drive will go a lot straighter than usual, thereby helping to pierce the infield.

Hope that helps.

If you are leftie batsman

If you press up the ball will be placed left of fielder and if you press down then ball will be placed right of the fielder.

Try in game to see this in action, or view my batting video. :D

Its quite hard to explain. First of all i found out where my normal shots (without using plaement) woud go. then by using the placement arrows u can notice the difference.
Arun687 explained it pretty well

:p

Its better to have defensive batsman. They can turn the shots by 22 degrees. Attacking batsman can only make it 5 degree.
Defensive batsmen can modify the direction of the shot by 20 degrees, balanced by 14 and aggressive by 8 :)

Has anyone hit boundary through cover, midwicket all along the ground?

I can hit boundary, only if i hit over the top.

Has anyone hit boundary through cover, midwicket all along the ground?

I can hit boundary, only if i hit over the top.
Yes, you will only be able to hit boundaries along the ground if you us the shot placement. Defensive batsmen can hit the ball wider of the fieldsman than aggressive or balanced.

Yes, you will only be able to hit boundaries along the ground if you us the shot placement. Defensive batsmen can hit the ball wider of the fieldsman than aggressive or balanced.

I will give it a try. Because with aggressive and balanced batsman, i am not able to pierce the gap.

Thanks for all the replies..! Can anyone tell me what is the lofted shot for scoring in the deep square leg position ? I mean, for good length or full length deliveries..(In Ea sports Shift+S+leg-side arrow) I've trouble aftr the powerplay overs where the cpu fielders predominantly occupies the deep mid-wkt, long-on and cpu bowlin only good length or full-deliveries..I tried to use the placement meter to make the lofted mid-wkt to go to deep square leg,but the deep mid-wkt fielder catches the ball always..:facepalm

Alt+Right+Right (Slog Sweep) for a right-hander, you have to time it though.
If you want to see all the shots available, go into the nets and hold TAB

Users who are viewing this thread