Should Praveen, RP and Munaf aim for English Domestic?

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Well I feel Praveen Kumar, RP Singh and Munaf Patel can give a good fight to make a comeback to the Indian team, I think Indian domestic isn't helping at all, and English domestic is better than India's, so it had me wondered, should these 3 go on to the English domestic and then fight for a place for India?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
They definitely should try and get a contract. The usual problem for our players is that IPL clashes with the county season. But I see that you have listed these three who went unsold in the auction. They also need to show improvement in the fielding department as well because as we know that all three of them are very slow fielders. PK and RP can definitely make a comeback but I am not too sure about Munaf.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Who is Munaf & RP? Never heard them in cricket! You got any names from Olympics swimming? Or country side fishing?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I don't think a single County side would want any of them.

I can understand about Munaf but don't you think Praveen and RP can get a team? I mean Praveen Kumar was the only positive for India during that disastrous 2011 tour and RP is also a decent bowler in English conditions.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
If they can find an interested county, they should definitely go. Even if they can't find a county and have to play Lancashire League cricket, then they should still go. Would be much more beneficial to their skillset than playing IPL. Not so much because T20 is evil, just to get out of India as much as anything play on different wickets as much as possible.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If they can find an interested county, they should definitely go. Even if they can't find a county and have to play Lancashire League cricket, then they should still go. Would be much more beneficial to their skillset than playing IPL. Not so much because T20 is evil, just to get out of India as much as anything play on different wickets as much as possible.

This. Also, taking into account the recent previous experiences of Indian bowlers of playing county cricket, -- both Zaheer and Murali Kartik (though a spinner) returned to be much better bowlers than ever after playing county cricket -- they should definitely try and play some level of cricket in England. That said, I cannot see a reason why Munaf Patel cannot return to the team. In fact, I am of the opinion that he has got the best chance to return to the side as compared to the other two. Munaf has the age on the side and he has done nothing wrong in the domestic circuit and IPL. Only thing that goes against him is that he does not have the same kind of pace or the reverse swinging yorkers that he had when he first got the chance to don the national cap against England. Furthermore, he needs to learn to vary his line and length as per the demands of the situation for he is no Glenn McGrath and in the modern day game, he will be milked for runs in the death overs more often than not due to lack of variations.

playkid12

Club Captain
Praveen has major disciplinary problems in the domestic circuit. It's unlikely for him to ever come back. RP Singh was never that big of a contender tbqh. Munaf Patel should be given a chance. I think he's a good bowler in the middle overs.

That being said, I find it ridiculous that not 1 Indian bowler can keep the run rate down. They all get hit around the park.

Users who are viewing this thread