Should their be player rating for wicketkeepers?

Should their be player rating for wicketkeepers?

• Yes

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Taibu has retired from international cricket so you might aswell take him off of that list...

But its hard to do determine a fair judging factor... but thats my view

Taibu might return though, he said he might if they sought things out. I don't think players are taken off until they slowly drop off due to not increasing score.

Just get a ratio of dropped catches and missed stumpings and have that in a second column. So say 40 out of 50 catches are taken by a keeper and 35 out of 50 stumping chances are made. 75/100 so a 75% keeping percentage. I dunno something like that. Byes and runouts could be recorded too but I dunno how.

So many question's going on ;)

1.) Adam Gilchrist - He is no doubt, the best wicket keeper in the world!

2.) Kumara Sangakkara - We all know he is the 2nd best - Evidence: He was in World XI vs. Australia - 2005

3.) Mahendra Singh Dhoni - The fight is going on about the 3rd spot, I guess I need to give more info on him. He overtook Gilchrist's highest score of 172 which was against a poor attack (Zimbabwe). Dhoni's 183* Highest Score Ever by a Wicket-Keeper! Greg Chapell, "The next superstar of international cricket. No doubt that Dhoni is exceptional, and is the next Gilchrist of world cricket."

By the way it was just a sample, I didn't calculate anything - I just did it with the info I had. And Dhoni is good at keeping aswell.

ZoraxDoom said:
Khaled Masud is better than Dhonis in tests :D
Taibu is better than Boucher :D
Go Bangla and Zimbabwe!!

Dhoni only played 2 test matches and he scored 49 runs today against Sri Lanka :)

06dhoni.jpg

Last edited:
Akmal's Keeping is wayyy better then Dhoni, but I bet Dhoni is more of an ODI Batsman than Akmal, as the strike rate tells it all! But Akmal right now has to be the Keeper in form with Dhoni.

Right now by form The rankings should be:

1) Dhoni
2) Akmal
3) Sangakarra

akmal's form is only starting! A couple more matches like the 3rd ODI and he's surly gonna be in the top 3!

Taibu and Boucher are the better Gloveman of the lot. Better than Gilchrist, without a doubt. Sangakarra is good too. But I doubt Akmal and Dhoni are that good keeping wise.

Big_Boss said:
3.) Mahendra Singh Dhoni - The fight is going on about the 3rd spot, I guess I need to give more info on him. He overtook Gilchrist's highest score of 172 which was against a poor attack (Zimbabwe). Dhoni's 183* Highest Score Ever by a Wicket-Keeper! Greg Chapell, "The next superstar of international cricket. No doubt that Dhoni is exceptional, and is the next Gilchrist of world cricket."

No WIndies have a poor attack, Zimbabwes is shambolic.

ZoraxDoom said:
Taibu and Boucher are the better Gloveman of the lot. Better than Gilchrist, without a doubt. Sangakarra is good too. But I doubt Akmal and Dhoni are that good keeping wise.

I rate Gilchrist above both. Gilchrist has to keep to Shane Warne, the most difficult to keep to in the world and rarely makes mistakes.

Great take of the full toss off of Sami today.

Nearly knocked his block off.

irottev said:
I rate Gilchrist above both. Gilchrist has to keep to Shane Warne, the most difficult to keep to in the world and rarely makes mistakes.
Actually, if he has to catch as many wides and as many no balls as Taibu, then I would rate him higher. But batters are forced to play at the deliveries from the Aussies, while Taibu has to hold onto more deliveires via the wides and noballs bowled by his team. Plus Taibu is younger and less experienced, and has to be captain. No doubt Gilly is good, but I prefer Taibu.

Sangakarra is exceptional too, keeps to Murali and Vass standing up, and doesn't make many mistakes. Spots the doosras well too.

Users who are viewing this thread