SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

stockers75

Club Cricketer
Excellent work this spreadsheet. In the Ashes cricket version there were physics values for day 1 to day 5 which you can change for a deteriorating pitch. Is this an option for this version? Thanks

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Excellent work this spreadsheet. In the Ashes cricket version there were physics values for day 1 to day 5 which you can change for a deteriorating pitch. Is this an option for this version? Thanks
I had to go back through the thread to find out why I never did this, but found this post from 2021 that was useful: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3509598

Would suggest from my testing that the game itself didn't put much degradation into the mix, so you'll likely need to tweak the physics sliders and do it yourself.

I've not played this game in a looong time to think through exactly what sliders to change and how much though, I'm far from an authority these days.

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Anyone got umpiring sliders for terrible umpiring? Since the C24 debacle I want to inject some new juice in the game and I figured having some howlers would add to the fun. Doesn't have to be really over the top bad, just some jaw dropping decisions should do (*cough*Steve*cough*Bucknor*cough*)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone got umpiring sliders for terrible umpiring? Since the C24 debacle I want to inject some new juice in the game and I figured having some howlers would add to the fun. Doesn't have to be really over the top bad, just some jaw dropping decisions should do (*cough*Steve*cough*Bucknor*cough*)

I think that’s tied to the umpire’s rating rather than the sliders. As far as I remember, those sliders affect how likely the AI is to challenge a correct or incorrect decision.

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I think that’s tied to the umpire’s rating rather than the sliders. As far as I remember, those sliders affect how likely the AI is to challenge a correct or incorrect decision.
Ah so I just create an umpire with a rubbish rating. Thanks

SKT745

School Cricketer
V4 is the last one that went live. It is downloadable from the first post of this thread.

Really like the passion you put into pitch sliders, I dont wanna tweak the sliders every time so I use gamer Pradosh general sliders however can you recommend pitch settings for each area that i can use to emulate the feel instead of tweaking the sliders/reskillings players?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Really like the passion you put into pitch sliders, I dont wanna tweak the sliders every time so I use gamer Pradosh general sliders however can you recommend pitch settings for each area that i can use to emulate the feel instead of tweaking the sliders/reskillings players?
I honestly couldn't tell you. This project is long since finished for a game that released a number of years ago.

Part of the issue with the project was that through the course of C22's multiple patches, various things got broken and various things got fixed, but in some cases fixes had knock on issues.

Reskilling players for example, I want to say had a tangible game play effect for 3 or 4 patches, but then became obsolete after that and the game "seemed" to play fine without needing to do it.

The best I can offer at this point is that the spreadsheet has a pitch setting for each country, so go with those and hope for the best. Your own difficulty will need to play a part though, so perhaps only use the physics sliders.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Can you tell me the Home and away sliders in which perhaps should use ?
The home and away sliders were designed to replicate the home advantage in test cricket.

If the user is the home team, and the AI is the away team, use the home sliders.

If the user is the away team, and the AI is the home team, use the away sliders.

Basically, all away sliders make life a bit tougher for the away team, whoever that is.

If you just want it to be balanced, don't use either, use the base numbers instead.

Users who are viewing this thread