So guess what?...I'm a dad now!!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Congrats on the kid, Ellie will like the company!

Actually, she'll hate it! She's only one year old and very possessive of her parent's attention. Once it shifts to the new baby she'll be very jealous, possibly leading to her fostering a subconscious hate for her younger sister until she is in her teens, where they'll both absolutely hate each other and cause all hell before resolving it...

On that note, good luck! :)

Last edited:

Magz

Club Cricketer
Good luck with the teenage years, girls are always the worst for sibling rivalries :p.

jordox

International Cricketer
Thanks guys :).

Actually, she'll hate it! She's only one year old and very possessive of her parent's attention. Once it shifts to the new baby she'll be very jealous, possibly leading to her fostering a subconscious hate for her younger sister until she is in her teens, where they'll both absolutely hate each other and cause all hell before resolving it...

On that note, good luck! :)

Two of my younger sisters are 11 months apart (15 and 16) and they are best friends, and have been they're entire life.

These are extracts from the Colorado University testing they did:

Research at Colorado State University, for example, has found that for firstborns, having a younger sibling born two or more years later dealt the older child a blow to its self-esteem, while having a sibling born less than two years later did not have that effect.

The Colorado group proposes that this may be so because a child raised alone is privy to all his parents nurture and affection. The longer a child has to get used to this relationship, the more negatively he will experience the birth of a younger sibling. However, if the child has reached the beginnings of independence at the age of 5 or 6, the birth of a younger sibling no longer seems to have the same psychological impact.

Basically, what they are saying is that based off the testing, it is more likely for that jealousy or hatred to occur when the siblings are around 2-4 years apart.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Well first of Jordon congrats for your first daughter and now congrats for your second daughter. Well you are still 19 and you are gonna have 2 children that shows real maturity of you and hopefully you will give them what ever they want and most important the love..

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Really? My real life experience shows that the closer the kids are, the more they hate each other during pre-teen years. Examples would be me and my younger sis, two cousins of mine, and a few kids in my school.

But it is true that we do get much closer as we get older.

Anyways, got a name yet? Since you are a cricket fan, it might be fun to name her after the WOTM at the Women's WC final...

Highlander999

ICC President
My second child is going to be born soon too, soon as in before the end of this month. The doctor scared the hell out of my this morning by saying it was due on the 18th of March. It was an error (luckily, i'm still not prepared) and the 2nd baby is due around the end of the month, early next. Apparently, they never get it right.

Readers of the blog will know its another girl. Still haven't decided on a name yet and I'm really starting to stress. I just have an awful feeling the baby wont have a name for a week.

Just thought I'd update the situation a tad.

Your gf is way too good to you. I would have been made to keep it in after the first one, by the boss ;) That or neutered :p

Congrats though Jordan, kudos to you, you seem to be doing a good job with Ellie.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
hey Jordox I have a suggestion for the name.

why don't you get 4-5 name and put a poll up and we here on planetcricket will vote.

wouldn't that be the worst decision you ever made in your life lol.

King Cricket

International Coach
^No, no just saying. I just thought that I might be too young to post in this thread. Anyway, greetings :cheers:cheers jordox. I really want to see a pic of the baby.

lewbis05

Club Cricketer
congratulations your daughter is nearly 1 and i like the name ellie

jordox

International Cricketer
Hi gang.

Should probably pop in and say my second daughter was born on 1st of this month (I thought it was an April Fools prank when my girlfriend went into labor in the morning I was like "Uhhh c'mon, obvious prank!"... Yeah the tirade of abuse I received after that soon sorted me out.)

All is well, she's got a few health issues but thank god it's nothing serious. Been spending a lot of time at the hospital lately and have absolutely nothing to do until the doctors give her more treatment and we can catch the plane we've been planning on catching for 6 months to the US.

I've had just 2 separate hour long pieces of free time in 10 days. Combine that with the lack of sleep and you could say I'm very, very fragile right now. :p

usy

Chairman of Selectors
lolwah?

how many kids you have now man? :D

Users who are viewing this thread