solution for Those not getting edges in ODI's ( tutsi and others )

blalock taussig

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I haven't got a single edge in an ODI since I started playing c2004.

it appeared to be a bug because some people were getting edges in ODI's.
was getting edges in test matches though. I assumed that the edges in ODI were somehow disabled.

But now I just discovered that you can get edges in ODI's.
APparently there is some value in the exe that makes the probability of edges very very less. So it appears that there are no edges.

If you increase the edge modifier values to the range of 500 -2000 then suddenly edges started appearing. The number of edges are very unpredictable and appear to be totally random.

I've been playing ODI's and counting the edges and after doign a small statistical analysis. It appears that the number of edges in the same ( conditions i. e same teams/stadium/pitch ) may vary considerably

Off course such a large modifier will make tests unplayable.
But we can increase the modifiers and reduce the edge average and other edge values in the tests to strike a fine balance.

Otherwise use two diff patches for ODI and tests.
Hope this helps you guys.
It was getting frustrating playing ODI's with no edges.

ya i have been facing the same problem ever since i've started playing Cricket 2004. It is obviously a bug which can be easily fixed by none else than SAM......why him?

coz with the previous DEMO version of his EXE i was getting edges in ODIs too. But with his latest BETA EXE, i no longer get edges in ODI. so if SAM wants he can do sumthing so that we can get edges in ODIs too. But the fact that SAM visits the forum in centuries, we may never get an answer.

well i talked to ste and he told me that sam didnot appear in active list as he is online on forums as invisible so i think he knows what we wants and just trying to do it for us.

i do get edges in one days with tutsis patches.. but only in the first few overs..

Tutsi, your recent patch (8.0 pre release which has not been released to the public) has lot of edges for the tail enders. I got 40 runs with Zaheer Khan on a Normal wicket and all were edges. It was a ODI match against Sri Lanka.

I get Edges constantly but doesnt go in the hands of the fielder.

Guys,
I have decided to try and play lots of matches and then change one edge value at a time and then carefully analyse the results statistically. In the end I hope to be able to tell you guys exactly what each value does. ( right now we have an idea but we are not cent per cent sure) more importantly I am trying to quantify the changes.

that is to eb able to find out that by increasing a value how many more edges can we expect. that will be a boon to patch makers like tutsi.
Its a long process and I'm making progress will let you know as soon as Im done

Somebody must please help me! :crying
I haven't gotten a single edge in Crcket2004(ODI or Test) :mad
Pretty Please Help!!!!!!!! :help :upray

Use Bosses new patch(V3)
You will get so many edges that you wished that you had 18 slips.....and a gully...

Users who are viewing this thread