Some help with stroke editing

sparky

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys. Firstly, can anyone tell me how to edit the shot type using the config editor, ie/ whether the shot is defensive, moderate or aggresive? In the version of config editor I've got, the shot type appears as the word 'defensive' etc. There are no numerical values assigned to it and as you can only change the numbers... I can't change the shot type.

Secondly, any tips for making the computer come down the pitch to the spinners more? I've only ever seen the cpu come down the pitch and play an on drive along the ground which invariably goes straight to mid on. Yawn. Is there any way of getting it come down the pitch and hit sixes (or try) over long on/long off/midwicket etc? Other than changing the overall aggresiveness of the CPU batting which will screw up the pacing and the rest of the shot selection (before anyone suggests that).

Any suggestions in these respects will be greatly appreciated and will considerably improve my quality of life and peace of mind. Sad but true!

Cheers

Check the stroke editor tutorial by zimrahil

Thanks for the reply Gold but I've already exhausted the stroke editing manual and can't seem to get any results.

I was hoping that one of the experienced patchers might be able to throw in a few tips that aint in the manual!

Secondly, any tips for making the computer come down the pitch to the spinners more? I've only ever seen the cpu come down the pitch and play an on drive along the ground which invariably goes straight to mid on. Yawn. Is there any way of getting it come down the pitch and hit sixes (or try) over long on/long off/midwicket etc? Other than changing the overall aggresiveness of the CPU batting which will screw up the pacing and the rest of the shot selection (before anyone suggests that).

One thing u could do is edit the "reward" of the shot using the config editor. I might be wrong, but the lower the value the more often the shot is used.

The only other thing (quite a drastic action) would be to changethe advance shot from "aggressive" to "moderate".

But i think do either of the above will result in many stumpings, cos the CPU often misses the ball. (especially when playing the advance square drive shot)

Thanks Eddie but there are only two (off the top of my head) advance shots identified in the list of shots and there are obviously more than that - and the on drive advance I've mentioned isn't one of them.

I'm pretty sure that (again off the top of my head) the stroke editing tutorial suggests that INCREASING the reward of the shot means the CPU is more likely to use it, rather than decreasing it. Having said that, I've noticed (without being certain) that decreasing the reward value sometimes seems to make certain shots more common, although I could be wrong and it could just be messing around with the reward values of other shots makes this happen.

Any other ideas anyone?

Believe me guys that what Zimrahil says must be true; he, along with Ravi, are the masters of stroke editing, dating back to the old BLC days.

Users who are viewing this thread